What Do You Do On Christmas Day?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Nov 6, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some people stay home and watch Christmas movies all day long. Others go to church get back home, eat their turkey and spend the rest of the day doing things they've been doing all year round — listen to music, read a book, etc.

Reading some articles on the net, I was reminded of one Christmas tradition that has been forgotten. Years back, on Christmas day, people would visit their neighbors, sing them Christmas carols and just have a good time together. I'd like to try that this year.

What of you guys? What do you intend to do on Christmas day?

2. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Christmas Day starts off with the biggest, nicest breakfast ever made since the year began and a festive feast commences. After that, presents are opened and I send out thanks through instant messages or calls to who sent them to me. The rest of the day I watch many Christmas movies and listen to carols to indulge myself even further into the holiday spirit. And this all leads into the big dinner party with the family, where we eat, drink, make jokes, laugh, party up and have all kinds of fun.

3. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    Every Christmas for the past 13 years, my family of 4 has done the same thing. Usually I go to my parents house first and then to my in-laws house. My husband and I always do the same thing no matter what. We have different traditions at both house holds, usually at my parents house instead of everyone buying a gift for everyone, we get each person a small gift and buy an extra gift then, we play a game called white elephant which is kind of like secret Santa but better. At my in laws house, the kids are the only ones who get gifts and we watch the kids open there gifts and then play with the kids and eat an traditional Christmas meal. I love Christmas time because I always look forward to seeing all of my family, spending time with them and doing all of our fun traditions.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd probably just treat it as a regular day, which is what I have been doing as soon as I became an adult. I won't go out and compete for personal space with the masses at the malls. Not into going to church either.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We usually drive a good distance to see our extended family on both Christmas and new year but honestly I'd rather just spend it at home. It's fun to be around my family but it's just too tiring since I'd have to buy and prepare so much up to that point and on top of that we'd have to drive far away and feel cramped and bombarded by noise. I've never just spent Christmas quietly at home so I'm hoping to do so one of these holidays.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ah, I'm glad you asked because I've already listed everything I need to do on Christmas Day. Here's an overview:

1. Eat, eat and eat (there'll be desserts and ham on that day).
    2. Play Christmas songs.
    3. Have a fun chat with family.
    4. Dress up our kitty cats (my mom plans to buy or sew new clothes for them).
    5. Watch a romantic comedy series or movie.
    6. Take wonderful pictures of everyone's happy faces.
    7. Continue writing my unfinished novel.

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In recent years I'll stay in my room in the hopes that nobody bothers me. I just found out today that my mother's boyfriend's daughter may be coming down and sleeping over for Christmas. So not looking forward to that. As long as I have some weed to smoke, I'll be happy staying in my room. Usually we open presents and have the drinks and the dinner afterwards. When I was a child, the kids used to be made to eat all of their dinner before we could open any of our presents.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    At Christmas we always spend the whole day at grandma's home and hang out all day. All of our family goes there - aunts, uncles, cousins and my mom and brother (my dad died a couple years ago but he was there with us every year as well). We have Christmas lunch together and watch whatever is on TV that day... Not usually movies but yeah, we hang out in the living room cracking jokes and talking about silly things. It's a lot of fun!! I'm specially excited because this is our first year with a. Baby on Christmas because my Cain had a baby this year so it's going to be extra special as it's going to be his first Christmas!!

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Christmas day for us used to be waking up to the entire family in one home, eating a big breakfast and then tearing into a mountain of presents to great conversation, laughs and Christmas tunes. It was almost a whole day thing just for that. Then everyone would help clean up, sit around talking and watching us kids play with our new toys, preparing for the big dinner. We'd go out and play in the billion feet deep snow while the adults would cook and chat. Then the dinner. Oh man, the dinner. Christmas used to be such a big deal.. a huge event for us. Much more than I could ever fit into a post on a forum lol. When my grandmother died, everything changed. She was the one that held us all together and after she left, Christmas sort of withered away. Everyone tried, but it was never the same.

I have my own version of it these days and I keep it small.. just my little family, no more driving around and driving ourselves crazy for the sake of others. We wake up, have a big breakfast while listening to our Christmas tunes, open our presents and spend the day using our new toys lol. There usually isn't as much snow as there used to be, but if there is any, we'll take the sleds out. Then the dinner. Christmas, for me, is more the end of Christmas. I don't spend the holidays anticipating it.. my Christmas spirit is all over the two months or so leading up to it. Major decorating, music, great foods, building everyone up for it. It's in the ride, not the destination ;)