What Do You Do On Weekends?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by gracer • Mar 10, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Hi guys! :)

I am mostly a stay-at-home person since I work from home so I only go out with my family during the weekend. We are Christians so we usually go to church first then we eat lunch out. After that, we go to the park and relax a bit while our boy plays on the park's playground. We go to the grocery store and buy a whole week's basic home supplies then we head home. That basically sums up what we do when we go out on a Sunday. Sometimes we also go out together during Saturdays but on rare occasions.

How about you guys, how do you spend your weekends?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I eat and sleep on weekends, lol. I live alone and I don't even go to church, so I am not really obliged to go anywhere on weekends. When my mom was alive though we were not allowed to miss Mass.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My weekend is always loaded. First in the list is giving my dogs a bath. I have 3 dogs and that chore occupies my whole morning. But before that, I go to the market for fresh special food since it is a weekend. After lunch and a little rest, the beauty parlor is my next destination. For Sunday, I go to church in the morning and then visit my sick mother. Not in the list is the cooking and arranging things particularly the laundry. Oh, I'm so tired. It's a good thing that we have a maid who helps us with the house chores including the washing of the car.

4. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Talk about a busy weekend. :) Yours is really a very busy one. My cousin also has the same busy weekend as yours since they are mostly out of their house during weekdays, they have to make do with doing their household chores and other necessary family duties during weekends. Come Monday they go out early and go home late, that's from Monday to Friday. So the only time they get to take care of their household needs is during weekends.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:

Hehe @sidney....kudos on the easy, laid back life :)

I too don't do much at weekends. I focus on spending quality time with my husband and just kicking back and taking it easy. We usually do our weekly shopping on Saturday. I catch up on my online work, while he continues to work through the weekend. Sometimes we treat ourselves to dinner out or we'll hang out with friends and family. I love weekends LOL

6. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    These days, not much unless an event related to the arts comes to town. I try to take note from my U.K. clients and take Sunday off. In recent, I've spent Saturdays taking, photography and programming classes.

7. venusflytrap

venusflytrapMember

Threads:
    I can't wait to get out of the city on weekends. I usually take my bike and head out west to my friend's farm where I can relax in peace and take in the stunning landscape and nature. Once a month I go on bigger trips by bus to explore nearby nature resorts, and if I have three days available in a row, I take a bus and boat straight to one the islands, which takes about 5-6 hours.
    I'm a person who likes to be on the move constantly, experiencing new places far away from the maddening traffic and city crowds.

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually go out with a friend or two on Fridays and work on my freelance gigs on Saturday. I try to be useful at home by doing household chores. It's also the perfect time to play with the pets and give them a bath. In the past, Saturdays were always allocated for friends but everyone's busy trying to build their future lately.

On Sundays it's family day. I go to church with my parents, eat out with them to wherever and, in most cases, buy grocery. I do most of my laundry on Sunday too.

9. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    I spend my saturdays working and my sundays resting. Sat nights are usually kept aside for parties or for a few games of poker with friends. Sunday afternoons are kept aside for calls to friends, families, and business allies.

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ahh the weekends...Saturday is my house cleaning day and laundry day. Sunday I check the Sunday newspaper ads and if there is something I need to get I go shopping, if not I stay at home and laze all day! I usually watch Saturday anime night on Toon channel Toonami too till early morning and watch some TCM movies if there is anything good on.

11. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    My weekends are full of children's sports activities. In the winter my oldest does judo on Saturdays and usually has a hockey practise and game. In the summer he plays baseball so he'll have judo and a baseball practise or game. My youngest has hockey practise/game in the winter and spring and will have baseball in the spring and summer. With 2 kids playing competitive sports my husband and I are very busy driving them to practises and games. I also spend my weekend doing laundry and some cleaning. At night we like to watch movies or go out to supper. I often do most of my grocery shopping on the weekend as well. If I'm really organized I plan my week day meals and make a grocery list for the next weekend.

12. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always do my grocery shopping on the weekend. And depending on the season, when the weather is good, I love to spend my time outdoors. Sometimes when I go fishing and catch something it does save me a little money on food. I'm learning how to make fish traps so my favorite leisure activity can save me even more money :)

13. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Come up with ways to save the money I slaved for all week!
    Right now I am picking up some extra work online too.
    I like to cook up a few big meals and freeze the leftovers, that's what I eat at work all week long too.
    This weekend It's a big pot of Chili as well as a huge dish of homemade chicken fried rice.