What do you drink?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by SEA81 • Jul 5, 2012.

1. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    This may be a silly question, but what do you drink all day (besides water). I'm trying to give up Diet Coke or at least cut back, plus it's just not tasting as good as it used to for me. I don't like to drink sugary drinks like fruit juice, so I do drink tea with Splenda or Crystal Light, but I also don't like drinking too much sugar substitute. So, what does that leave? Just water?

2. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    I'm also trying to give up diet coke- it's not going great.

Milk is wonderful in the morning and at night, at least I think so. Consider tea that is not artificially sweetened as well- you'd be surprised. Some herbal and flavored teas really don't need sugar or sugar substitutes to taste good. Also coffee, though if it's caffeine you're trying to give up that might not work. If you want some flavor, vitamin water doesn't have that much sugar and you can get some calorie free sparkling waters that are flavored. Good luck!

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    You can always add a little lemon to the water, too. I like iced teas in the summer and hot teas in the winter. We don't drink a lot of sodas anymore but will occasionally have one. I would suggest allowing yourself a soda occasionally or you will just end up craving them.

4. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I loves me Crystal Light.... Sugar free, and all I have to do is add it to my bottle of water. When I get bored with one flavor I can easily switch to a new one.... right now I am hooked on pink lemonade. Like the commercial says.... I believe in Crystal Light and I believe in me.

5. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    Try water with lemon, tea, juice (natural! not sugared). For me water is fine. If you drank a lot of Coke you may not like water, at least I had to get used to water.
    It's hard to giva up drinking Coke and similar drinks as they are addictive :/

6. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I drink a lot of tea during the day. I make it in a thermos and so sip on it throughout the day. You can perhaps sweeten your tea with a light honey which is healthy for you if not too light on the calorie intake side. Also, you could make some fruit teas, chill eat and drink that as a kind of cold-drink? Also flavoring water with a fresh slice of ginger...or a slice of lime/lemon/orange is quite delicious and one of the drinks I have daily now. Also, putting some fruit and yogurt in a blender...and having a smoothie? That is all I have for now.

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Even natural juice can be over sweet sometimes. I usually just dilute it before I drink it. Juice, and coconut water.

8. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    Yes, I always drink powerade throughout the day. If not powerade then I drink favored water, that helps me stay full plus stop me from drinking sodas.

9. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Crystal Light and coffee - Keurig coffee machines are amazing! I don't drink too much soda...However, I got a bit burnt out of Diet Coke, too, and found Vanilla/Cherry Coke Zero which is pretty good.

10. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    For most of my life, I would drink coke, root beer or sprite. However, I have given it up completely and haven't had soda in a very long time. Nowadays, the only beverages I will consume are: Perrier, club soda, orange juice, apple juice, chocolate soy and water.

11. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Aside from water, all I drink is tea and soymilk. I'll have juice, coffee, or soda on occasion, but it's almost never needed.

12. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I drink water all day long. Occasionally I will mix it up with tea or something, but it's almost always water. And when I get tired of that, I'll add a bit of flavor, like from lemon or lime juice. :)

13. youtubedomination

youtubedominationMember

Threads:
    You might want to try flavored water if you aren't a huge fan of straight up water. I know what you mean, Coke gets kinda boring after a while of drinking it daily.

14. QuatreHiead

QuatreHieadMember

Threads:
    I drink a ton of pink lemonade, I do used the instant mix powder. I don't know why, but I am addicted to the stuff. I stick to pink lemonade because I am always disappointed when I drink regular lemonade and it turns out to be more sugar than lemonade. Pink lemonade tends to keep more of the tangy and sour flavor I am after.

15. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I drink more iced tea than I probably should, but I love it and have no desire to give it up. Why don't you have multiple drinks throughout the day? Start with some milk or almond milk. Drink water. Get a real fruit juice that is more about the fruit than added ingredients, like the Northland label. Cranberry juice by them is great and healthy for you. Have one Diet Coke for lunch. Drink water. Have some tea. Drink water.

16. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I drink very little water. I drink tea, coffee, energy drinks (especially Powerade), milk (especially with spice and sugar), and juice when it is in the house. I don't drink diet sodas or really anything that includes the word diet. Don't trust it and it tastes weird besides.

17. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I'm not drinking water, I'm drink Arizona Ice Green Tea with pomegranate juice. It's just delicious. When I want a special treat, I drink chocolate almond milk.

18. psmith140

psmith140New Member

Threads:
    I drink tea all day and everyday! It is such a refreshing drink, but now the summers here It's going to be a water job with ice I think! Bottled water is pretty nice as well, and so is coke. But it's really sugary! I probably drink too much wine as well in the evenings. Way too much wine actually!

19. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Well I consume mainly water and the occasional soda especially on hot periods such as now! Fruit juices are also really great and I love them though it is a pity you do not like overly sweet drinks. One thing I do make at home, is to slice up a lemon and simply place a few slices of them into a pitcher of water and keep it in the fridge. It technically is plain ice water with a refreshing hint of lemon to it. I guarantee you that it definitely beats drinking just ice water and is not sweet or even remotely sour at all! Try it and see if you like it!

20. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    If you find water boring, try sparkling water. There are lots of ways to jazz it up - add fresh orange, lemon or lime juice, or other fresh fruit juice, or mix in a little cordial. It's more refreshing than soda, as well as being cheaper and more healthy. Sparkling water is also more interesting than still water, but you'll find still water more palatable if it's icy cold. I always keep bottles of it in the freezer, then sip from them through the day as they thaw out.