What do you feel after an intense workout?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by 003 • Jun 8, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Of course like everyone else, I feel tired. But more than that I feel like I am more powerful for achieving the goals that I set, my routine. Finishing it makes me an achiever and it really feels like it. I also feel a little manlier. I feel more confident to approach girls. I also feel more driven.

Surprisingly, whenever I exercise I become more productive. It increases my attention span and focus. Not only that, to couple my attention, exercise also makes more energized. Quite opposite to the common notion that exercises will just make you lethargic and sleepy, it makes me feel alive instead. It makes me feel pain and triumph. This is why I really love doing exercises and working out, and I really do think that it's as important as being intelligent.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Exercise is actually often recommended for that boost in energy. That's your body having a natural adrenaline rush. Even though you're tired, your mental alertness should heighten.

3. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    After an intense workout I feel like I can accomplish anything. Strangely enough I also want to do it again. The harder I work out the more I want to continue with it because I feel like I'm really making progress.

4. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    After an intense workout, I feel tired and relaxed - mentally and physically.

Over the past few months, I have been walking up and down a hill towards work. Yes! This type of workout challenges your entire body. It finally helped me shed a few pounds (down 2 sizes). So, I feel inspired now to do more. Also, I noticed that once I get to my job, I am way-y-y more vigorous and awake than I have been in the past.

5. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    You feel good after exercise because, you need it. Your body needs to be tested to stay strong and healthy.

You feel good living a healthy lifestyle.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I feel proud of myself after a great run. I don't always feel like running, but I love the feeling of accomplishment afterwards. I also feel energized for a little while, then I want to go to sleep. This is why I prefer to workout and/or run in the evenings.

7. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    I always feel happy after an intensive workout, I feel proud for being disciplined. Sometimes I am sleepy after a workout, and I have to get some sleep. Exercising makes me feel more concentrated through the day and I feel more confident with my body.

8. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I have started a group of ladies going to the gym for about 3 weeks now and I can say that after an intense workout I feel great I have lot of energy. I sleep great and I feel great. It really makes a difference in my life.

9. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I agree. I feel the exact same why when I am done with an intense workout. I am exhausted at first! However, I feel the burst of energy and I am in the mood to conquer my day. I love when I complete a workout where I wasn't sure if I could keep up. It makes me feel stronger and confident in my body's strength and endurance to do challenging sessions.

10. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    Absolutely. I feel physical pain, but exhilarated! Those endorphins released are the exact reason why I try not to work out late at night. If I do any type of strenuous activity after 7 pm I can't get to sleep until well after 11 pm.

I can even lessen the physical pain as well if I properly stretch after my workout.

11. thestoryteller1

thestoryteller1New Member

Threads:
    It really depends on how intense the workout is. I am proud of course. A lot of the time, I'm energized for a while after, but 3-4 hours later I'm suddenly really tired. Of course, that is because I sometimes overdo the amount of working out I complete, and often end up both mentally(from my job) and physically tired.

12. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't tend to work out intensely, but prefer to exercise in moderation. I usually feel energised and hungry after I go to the gym. And I sleep really well, which is good, as I tend to suffer from insomnia. Also, I feel how my body gets stronger every time I go swimming or work with the gym machines.

13. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I often find I feel better overall after working out. Not just physically, but emotionally. Physically I do feel more energized. I do not feel sluggish or tired, I feel just good. Emotionally I feel happier. I feel like I am more productive, plus I don't feel guilty like I do when I don't work out. However, that feeling only lasts a little bit. By evening I am exhausted and want to go to bed at like 7 or 8, but I know if I do I'll be up at like 3 or 4 in the morning.

14. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Intense workouts are my favorite kind. I feel tired, even exhausted, but it's a good kind of exhausted. I feel tingly and numb, but really pumped out and alive at the same time. Last time I ran, last Thursday, I got home and I was beat. I was physically exhausted, but my mind was almost blank, it's like all of my problems were gone and I could just feel the exhaustion running over my body, but still I was really excited. It's such a good feeling, I love intense workouts!

15. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I started running only a couple of months ago and for me this is true. I'm not an athletic person and I usually only go to gyms to lose excess fat after giving birth but after that no more intense regular exercise for me. But running to me is different, I get energized and feel happy after every run. I never experienced this kind of satisfaction from other sport or exercise before. And I used to wonder why a lot of people are sort of "addicted" to running. :)

16. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I actually don't feel tired, quite the opposite in fact, I feel like I could go back into my gym and do the entire workout session all over again, in fact there have been many times where I have to stop myself from doing just that! I try and channel it into getting some work done instead, I normally have a shower an hour or so after my workout, because if I shower straight after my workout then I seem to lose the motivation that I had when I stepped out of my gym. :)

17. Forall

ForallMember

Threads:
    Same here!

18. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    After you finish an intense workout you feel this intense energy rush, I can't really explain it well, but it's just that after a certain point your tiredness goes away and you just get a huge energy boost, almost like a second-wind.
    You feel like you can immediately start the workout over with no worries.

19. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    It's a weird and awesome feeling for sure. On one hand I feel so tired that I can barely move a muscle for a few minutes, on the other hand my muscles feel so swollen and pumped for anything. It's a great feeling for sure, and it only reinforces the fact that exercising is great for your body.

20. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest I don't feel tired at all. I feel more alive more than ever after an intense work out even if it's just simple low impact cardio. I also feel happy afterwards because of the endorphins and that feeling of accomplishment, it's a great feeling.