What do you feel after your workout?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by 003 • Dec 7, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Doesn't it feel great after you hard-enduring workout? Personally, it really feels good, even so if I am able to meet my goal for that day. The sweat just makes me get to move more. And really some say that they've got a lot of things to do, but when I do my workout, I am more productive and I am able to do more things.

2. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Coincidentally, I just finished working out to some music and got my body to pour out sweat profusely. It feels like an accomplishment to sweat and to have the knowledge that I'm doing my physical being well. It pushed me even further to keep on going longer than I planned to as well, so that's got to be positive. After the whole workout, I feel better fit and more healthier, though a bit tired.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really like working out all that much. Due to a back injury, I can't engage in any heavy or strong exercises. I much prefer swimming. I go to the swimming pool every day, and after a couple of hours of stretching and rapid swimming, I feel on top of the world. :) Another exercise that makes me feel great, is riding my bike. I especially enjoy going on camping trips with friends on weekends.

4. Micheleteresa

MicheleteresaMember

Threads:
    I usually feel like I have accomplished something and the harder the workout the more "YAYY ME" I feel. I have not been able to work out in the way I would normally for a few months do to having surgery and I have another surgery pending but after my next surgery and recovery, with doctors clearance firs of course, I plan to get back into the gym daily.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was asking around about this, but nobody seems to have the same experience. But many times, after I have finished my workout, I will have little bouts of laughter?? You know how some people will laugh after orgasms?? It's sort of like that. I don't know what it is, but I find myself giggling, as well as having my entire body - or the areas that I have worked out - feeling like jelly of course. Anyone else experience the laughing thing, or am I alone with that?

6. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    When I just started working out, I felt nothing but pain and tiredness. It was kind of exhausting. Now I feel quite good about what I am doing and it also feels very energetic.

7. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I feel 2X better after doing any exercises, because it focuses my mind and stimulates much needed blood flow all over my body. My fatigue level depends on what workout plan I'm doing for the day and how long, but most of the time I pull through and feel good afterwards. My liked exercises are dumbbells, push-ups, doing simply punches and kicks, and pull-ups - I really don't do running because I'm already skinny, but I do bicycling.

8. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    There are times when I go to work out and I barely have any energy much less ambition. Once my heart rate goes up enough I feel better. Overall working out makes me feel much better. I feel stronger and sleep better. I also noticed that my skin is much healthier probably from sweating out toxins and impurities. It helps me focus on making sure I choose better foods and beverages. I have learned I also had to ad additional vitamins and minerals that I was burning off.

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    30 minutes to an hour of workout can already make you feel refreshed and energetic. I always feel after spending some minutes sweating it out riding the stationary bike and using the AB Rocket. I've also noticed every time I engage in a lengthy exercise, the muscles in my digestive tract act up. It really pays to exercise.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I feel energetic and even chatty after a workout, but then again, it is scientifically explained that the body releases feel-good hormones like endorphins when we exercise, so it's just natural that we feel good and hyper after a workout. Even brisk walking already makes me feel good afterwards.

11. DreekLass

Threads:
    I think that Charlie Hunnam - the guy who plays/played Jax - in Sons Of Anarchy - said it best, when it comes to exercise. After working out you do tend to feel refreshed, even if your limbs feel like they are about to give out on you. Things are clearer. More defined. You can tell that your body appreciates the work out, even if at the time you are in too much pain/fatigue to immediately recognize such. I think that there is an emotional clearance as well as a physical one.

12. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    When I'm unfit, DURING a workout, I feel like I was never made to do a thing but live. After the workout, I feel like I can do a little more than live. When I'm fit, during a workout, I feel as though I'm indestructible, and after the workout, I want to workout even longer and more frequently. The thing is, workouts enable you to feel better, smell better, and even look better, so, whatever pain you feel and whatever tiredness may come upon you because of a workout, don't quit...push on, because that is when it counts.

13. DreekLass

Threads:
    I understand that comment completely. When you partake in a workout that is too tough for your current level of physical ability - or at least seems like it, if your diet isn't right - then it does feel like you were not made to do a thing but live lol. You feel so powerless in your own body, because your mind has the determination and really wants to fulfill the workout, but your body is just like, 'Nope!' Lol. Workouts help you to smell better? Not initially but I can it gets rid of the toxins in your skin and body so I can see how that would make you smell better in the long run.

14. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I end up going short spurts of time without exercising (health reasons) so sometimes during/immediately after a tough workout I end up feeling like I'm dying a bit, but then after that passes I do feel pretty great. I love that part of a workout ;).

15. DreekLass

Threads:
    Yes, I can empathize with this too. I often will fall off of the working out wagon, unfortunately. I always hate the first workout after not having done any working out for a while, because I know that there is going to be some regression in terms of my fitness, and I know that I am going to feel like a wreck either during or after the workout. Saying that it feels like you are going to die, is no exaggeration. That's literally what it feels like, but there is also a feeling of euphoria that comes with it?? Lol. Hard to explain.

16. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I find that exercising helps reduce stress and anxiety. I always feel better after I exercise. More so when I do cardio and get my heart rate up. If I don’t exercise for a few days I tend to get cranky and feel uncomfortable.

17. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I understand completely, and yes it is quite difficult to explain lol. One of those things you just have to experience to understand. That's another aspect of it, I end up feeling mad at myself and a little ashamed when I stop for a bit because I lose some of that progress. But it doesn't take long to work back up to the previous level of fitness and get those happier feelings again lol :)

18. DreekLass

Threads:
    Really? That does make sense to me intellectually, but I have never experienced that shame or anger at myself for all of the progress that was lost. I try to make working out be about having fun and being good to myself and my body, not about losing weight, or toning up, you know? Our bodies are absolutely amazing. One of the things to show you this is working out after a long time of not working it. Your body snaps back very fast. It is crazy.

19. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    After chemo I went from too thin to too chunky. It took a minute to get an appetite but took much longer to get the stamina needed for a workout.
    Last year I joined a fitness franchise and just like the first time I started going to the gym, I fell off the treadmill the first day. Over time, I got it together but it felt like work. However today was the first in a long time where the time just flew by and I felt energized.

20. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never experienced working out in the gym but I had my share of jogging and biking. And after a heavy bout with the pedals, I agree that it feels good with the sweat. However, I always have that feeling of dehydration so my impulse to get a drink. I prefer cold water because it soothes me as if my fatigue vanishes when the cool liquid passes by my throat.