What Do You Get Kids?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by dashboardc33 • Jan 6, 2016.

1. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    Almost all the toys out there it seems like the kids are only interested in them for a little while and then they outgrow them and want something else after just a week of playing with them. My Godson's birthday is coming up and I want something cool and something meaningful that he won't forget about in a week. Do you have any suggestions? He is 7 years old.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know a lot of people don't like giving clothes as gifts but I know that a new shirt or pair of pants could be a good gift for the kid. If he like the clothes you buy then your money will be well spent because they'll wear those clothes regularly.

If the kid is interested in music or you think he might be then you could buy him a musical instrument.

3. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I like buying children things they can actually DO, like crafts and colouring books and design things. That means that they are doing something productive with their time rather than just sitting on a console all day, and I much prefer to give gifts that are along those lines. Plus, they tend to be much cheaper than any electronic items, so everyone's a winner really!

4. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like to buy kids books. I think the reading is so important to spend money on book that promotes reading is an invaluable gift. Find out what your godson likes - authors, genres and then go to Chapters. They have great sales people that can recommend good books. I would also recommend Keva blocks. They are great for developing kid's imagination and creativity. The blocks are fun to play for hours.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It used to be that gifts for children are mostly toys. There is a store here called Toy Kingdom where I go whenever I would be invited to a children's party. But now, children are choosy with gift and not any toy will satisfy them. Some children even want electronic gadgets like the famous tablet which they can use not only for playing but also for surfing the internet.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    The kids in our family enjoy minecraft a lot and it has been providing them with a lot to indulge in and tinker with for a lot of years now so i would highly recommend it. The best thing about it is that it also inspires creativity since it pretty much is a digital version of Lego that even has a lot of other features like different game modes and even online play as well as content sharing with friends. All the boys and girls in my family are able to bond over this game so I think it's great.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most of my nieces and nephews have tablets, so I think that that would be a gift that kids will greatly appreciate. If you notice that the kid has a favorite cartoon character, buy him any item like a bag that has a logo of that cartoon character.

8. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    This is probably one of the most frustrating of areas when it comes to shopping, because we all know that sometimes when you buy the big expensive thing it is the box that it comes in that seems to be the real attraction and gets most of the attention. I have worked with kids for ten years now and this is truly the case, so I would say do not go overboard and stick to the simple things.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would have to agree that children often don't seem to give a rip about the big expensive gifts, yet a lot of parents will feel guilty, or like their children are getting the raw end of the deal, if they are not able to buy them the latest gadgets and such. I also think that it depends on how old the children are though, as to whether or not they can ask for what they want. Toys that will help the child learn are always good in my experience.

10. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Buy him coloring books or puzzles, that way when he finishes it, you can keep the book or puzzle as a remembrance and show it to him when he's older. He will surely appreciate you keeping it and then showing it to him because he will remember the memories of him as a child. That's something that not even the most expensive toys could give. That I'm sure very sure of.

11. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I would recommend the following:

1. A bicycle. This one seems to be a favorite among children and I'm pretty sure he would want to ride it everyday!
    2. Ball for Basketball. Or any other sport really. Something to keep him physically fit and healthy.
    3. Lego. A universal gift for any kid, builds creativity, learning and imagination as well.

Good luck!