What do you give out at halloween?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by pennylane • Oct 26, 2014.

1. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    Do you buy the same type of treat/candy every year or do you mix it up? Do you have a halloween party or go trick or treating with kids yourself?

I buy the same couple of kinds of candy every year or so. I get a couple of bags of fun size hershey candy (kitkats!) and a bag of gum/gummies/etc. and mix them together. I try to buy them as close to halloween as possible. If not I'll sneak some here and there until it's half gone ;)

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I buy different kinds of candies. Sometimes, when there are not that many choices, I just choose the same ones I got the previous year. :) I also buy candies as close to Halloween as possible because they are usually much cheaper then.

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Chocolates and candies for kids. I don't think there must be something else that should be given to the trick or treaters neither that I think I should give out something to the non trick or treaters, say to my neighbors. Although we cook for dinner to commemorate the dead people close to our hearts. Before we dine, we pray for them. We consider this sacred and not really a celebration, so we don't give out foods to our neighbors.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I give a mix of candies and homemade Halloween treats like gingerbread snaps. The former because let's face it, it's what the kids want. The latter because they contain less sugar and are healthier, and they are cheaper.

Giving them the best of both worlds seems ideal to me :p