What Do You Guys Do When You Have Long Layover Times?

Discussion in Travel started by GavinGimbo • Jun 26, 2015.

1. GavinGimbo

GavinGimboMember

Threads:
    Hello!

So, I'm planning to travel soon, from Singapore to Dubai and then to United States. It seems that I have a layover time of 4 hours or so in DXB (Dubai International Airport) and was wondering, what do you guys normally do when you have such long hours to wait?

I've seen people wait for their flights longer than me, it is definitely really frustrating to wait. I'm looking for tips to get that frustration out of my mind.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In Dubai airport the duty free is one of the best in the world and I used to stop there on purpose to get duty free. Four hours is not long, and I am sure they have free wi-fi there and you factor in finding a new gate and waiting for the new flight. You can easily spend the entire time shopping or browsing, but it's also a large airport and security is tight there, so usually you have to check your luggage back in for international flights, so you won't have the full four hours.

3. GavinGimbo

GavinGimboMember

Threads:
    Thanks for the tips! Yes, 4 hours is not that long when I end up being there and checking in and stuff. You're right about that. I'll definitely do check out the duty free.

Going to be a very tiring flight. :)

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Well I have never flown so I am not sure what facilities airports have or if you are even allowed to leave the airport to do a bit of sightseeing.

But as someone who has long layovers when catching coaches and trains I tend to make sure my laptop and phone are fully charged as I will play games on them. I will also leave the train/coach station if it is a long wait and have a look around town.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love to mooch around the duty free area and shop to my heart's content LOL Once I'm done with that, I then read a book or some magazines until it's time to board.
    My cousin and her husband once had an 8 hour layover in Dubai and they were so shattered, they checked into a hotel. They showered, had a bite to eat and had a nap. I'm not sure I'd recommend the nap, though. I'd be one of those people who gets left behind because I slept right through!