What Do You Look For In An Insurance Plan?

Discussion in Life & Health Insurance started by gracer • Jan 28, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Many different kinds of people have different insurance needs and wants. Some prefer a health insurance, some prefer retirement, some would get insurance for investment purposes etc.

I on the other hand bought a comprehensive health insurance with an investment option on it. My purpose is not only to protect myself from the extra cost of medical bills should any health issues would arise and at the same time I want my money to be invested and earn bigger with time until I would finally need it for my retirement. My insurance plan meets all my criteria so I'm quiet happy that I was able to get one for myself.

What about you guys? What do you look for in an insurance plan? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. :)

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I dont know but I think the idea of a comprehensive insurance plan that has an investment option sounds like something that I would be interested in. If you would be willing to, please share the link. It sounds really good. This is a quality option that I might be looking for when I am getting better insurance. Mine is not the greatest.

3. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Hi Ke Gordon! :) I'm not sure if this is available in your area but I got mine from an AIA company and it includes critical illness benefit, hospital confinement benefit, accident and health with medical reimbursement and the thing I like most is that my investment will not suffer even if I will fully consume my insurance riders.It's really a good deal for me. If you're in the US or anywhere near, I think AIG is the equivalent of AIA in that region.

Here's a link to the AIA website near my area:

4. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    In my home country, the insurance companies are yet to provide health insurance. We can of course have life insurance, but there is no product such as health plan.I don't know why health insurance has been been introduced in the country yet. The only reason that I can think of is because of government has not accepted health insurance concept yet.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a life insurance and I think it's okay. Let me just segue because I was on the lookout for a good pension plan so when I retire I will have something on top of my retirement pay from the office. However, there is a cloud of doubt on insurance companies now because of the unfulfilled promise to pay their clients who got pre-need like educational plans and health plans. I am praying that life insurance will not be affected since I already have mine for almost 5 years already.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    AIG does offer a plan that allows you to use a portion of your death benefit in case of a serious illness. Also the money can grow as an investment to give your more money as income at a later date. It is a very good product, more companies are developing products to address the need for more income since people are living longer and not saving as much money as they need to retire.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is you're insurance provider Philam Life? I have a Family Secure plan from that insurance company and I'm loving it so far (though I'm not going to gain anything until I turn 36 (which is 7 years from now, heaven-willing). What's great about the plan is that it functions as a pension plan as much as it provides investment and health security benefits. If your family grows, you can pay the same premium but with a much bigger coverage (corresponds with the size of your family).

8. AgentD22

AgentD22New Member

Threads:
    Good question...

Health insurance is number one in the list of things I need covered. That being said i'm always on the lookout for companies that try cut down on the price by reducing features and policies, since they're always to offer the lower prices it seems like some of them are starting to offer policies that are straight up poor. Not going to name names but that is certainly a thing you should be on the lookout for when comparing services, don't just look at the price.

Also my house is what you would call a non-standard construction so I like to have an advisor look at the more complex terms and conditions because I want the insurance to cover it.

9. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Hi xTinx! :) Yes, it's from Philam Life and I must say I'm really quiet satisfied with their services and the insurance coverage they provide compared to the other insurance agencies around. I've heard about Family Secure too and I think you've made the best choice when it comes to insurance because it has the highest coverage among all their products. 7 years would fly by fast. I'm happy for you because you have something to look forward to in 7 years time. Maybe something to use for business or anything you'd like to do or accomplish soon. :)