What do you look for when buying a mattress?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by H.C. Heartland • Nov 4, 2014.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Most of us would agree that a good nights sleep is essential to health and happiness. What do you look for when buying a mattress? I look for:

Ample space
    A good price
    Medium firm

But there are a few other choices to be made. For example:

Conventional inner spring
    Wrap coil
    Latex and memory foam
    Hybrid mattresses

What about you? What are some things you look for when choosing a mattress?

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    When I moved to my new apartment, I had to settle on a sofa bed. Since I knew most of them sucked, I really took the time to lay down on them all to see how they felt when "new" and projected that out to how they would feel after some time. Using that, I went with the thickest memory foam that I could find. There was a store that was selling memory foams for a significantly lower price, but there was a reason for that.

I often wondered when I chose the much more expensive one if I went with them because it was the first memory foam that I tested or if I really thought the cheaper one wouldn't last. Well, after about four years on the one that I have, I know for a fact that the cheaper one would not have lasted even this long.

Before that, I had a conventional spring mattress and I did the lay down test on that one, too. That mattress was still viable after 10+ years! Do not scrimp on buying a mattress. The price may seem outrageous when looking at the tag, but as the days and YEARS go by, you'll never regret the purchase.