What do you prefer, bars or discotheques?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Dora M • Mar 7, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never liked big crowded places with ear deafening noise and overwhelming light effects. I prefer to go to quieter places where you can sit comfortably and actually hear what your friends are saying. How about you?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to love going out to big clubs on their "off" nights, when there was barely anyone in the place - and I could just sit up at the bar and enjoy the music and the automate light show. It was kind of the best of both worlds, I could trip out on the music and relax to the lights, but I didn't have to deal with all the chaos of the club being jam packed. Back when I was doing photography more regularly, I would often stop in these places and chill out for a couple of hours between shooting, to gather up some inspiration and collect my thoughts.

I don't mind bars, but if they are too quiet it almost becomes annoying because everyone in the bar is listening in on your conversations with someone else. On the flip side I absolutely hate waiting forever to get a drink at a busy club, not to mention their exorbitant prices.