What Do You Put In Birthday Party Loot Bags?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by purplepen88 • Aug 22, 2015.

1. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    My son is turning 6 soon and I am looking for great loot bag ideas that don't break the bank?

2. E.Mil

E.MilMember

Threads:
    I often put candy in loot bags and sometimes I add party favors with it. I get a big bag of candy from Walmart that costs about six or seven dollars and divide among the loot bags I have. Another way that might be cheaper is getting party favors from Dollar Tree, they often have party favors in packs of four or six and you could divide them up also.

3. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    It's been a decade since I last prepared loot bags for my kids. ;) But this use to be on my list on what to put inside a loot bag:

1. Small toy that's safe (no small parts).
    2. Marshmallows or cotton candy in smaller packs, or anything bulky to make the bag look fuller :D.
    3. Some random candies (minty and fruit-flavored ones),
    4. Cookies, I repacked it in small plastic bags if I can't buy in smaller packs, and
    5. Chocolates - affordable ones.

:)

4. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    Last year I bought (on my partner's insistence) these huge party favor bags that came with a bunch of toys inside. It sucked. A lot of the toys were broken and they were cheaply made. I had the feeling before buying the bag but I let him convince me. I actually prefer buying the toys from Party City because although most are inexpensive they don't easily break and don't have small pieces to them. I love putting at least one thing per sense one of those sticky stretchy things (I have no idea what they're called LOL), candy (taste and smell), a noise maker (I love those), a glittery or sparkly bouncy ball. I like to also include something fits the bday theme. Then I buy extra gifts (nothing that breaks the bank because I'm a SAHM). Small toys or books from the dollar store or whatever and I place one randomly in each bag. Then I make a game for them to choose a bag blindly and whatever gift was inside, they get along with their loot bag. (Back in the day when I was younger they would give small gifts to someone who called out the "correct" number. It's a twist on that except everyone gets a prize).

The first bday I did I cheated. LOL I asked my 7 year old best friend what was my fave color and what letter my name started with. He knew the answer to both so I said "REMEMBER THAT." Lol I had written out Happ Bday (my king's name) on a decoration I made. I would call out a kids name puled from a box and they would choose a letter. His brother and sister went up before he did but they didn't pay attention when he told them to get the green J. LOL By the time his name came up the green J was gone. LOLOL It was a mega coloring book with crayons. But he got a flying disc in his bag so he was happy anyway. =oD

5. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I always put in some sweets and things like that, maybe one of those party blower things that make a funny noise, some colouring pencils/crayons depending on the age of the child, and perhaps one or two small toys. I don't like to spend too much on them as I know that the majority of the things are only going to get thrown away soon after they've been used, so instead I get some little things that they can enjoy for a short while before they make their way to the trash!

6. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I have gotten into theme parties. So, what ever I create for the goody bag is always coordinated with the them. I don't really do a loot bag, sometimes it is a cute jar or some other sort of packaging. One time I did The Very Hungry Caterpillar theme and I did little containers of candy and called it caterpillar food and I also gave butterfly bookmarks for their book readings.

7. Poweclai

PoweclaiNew Member

Threads:
    I love doing the little bags :)
    What about little bouncy balls, stickers, sweets, lollies, I normally buy cheap colouring books and crayons or pencils :)

8. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the great ideas. I'm torn as to give several smaller items or one larger item. I've found some really great water bottles for under $5. I was thinking of getting the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle ones for the boys and the Hello Kitty ones for the girls and filling them with jelly beans. Any thoughts?

9. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    I think if you're going the water bottle route you should just get them whatever theme the party is. Honestly, getting TMNT ones for the boys and Hello Kitty ones for the girls is kind of sexist. I'm a girl and I've always preferred TMNT over Hello Kitty,

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We recently just received a goodie bag via my nieces and nephews because they attended a birthday party and the items inside the lot bag were pretty much standard. Assorted candies that were all mostly just cheap brands and some even generic, some stickers and a nice small toy that is similar to ones you'd get with a happy meal at McDonald's. If you are looking for more suggestions that are unique then maybe you would consider putting in some temporary tattoos as well since I know that is a hit with kids but I don't know if all parents would be in favor of them so just make sure before you do.

11. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I like to go to the Dollar Tree or Walmart and shop the party section. They sell party loot bag toys and puzzles. I personally llike puzzles and mazes and things that are engaging. Cool dinosaur erasers are always fun and tons of Kawaii Japanese pencils. Kids love stickers too.