What do you put in your kids' lunches? What are some ideas for saving $$ in kid's lunches?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by joyful728 • Nov 2, 2014.

1. joyful728

joyful728Active Member

Threads:
    I guess the title says it all. What food items do you put in your kiddos lunch box?

My kindergartener gets a carrot stick (yes he actually eats it!!!, unlike my older child), yogurt, sunflower seeds, crackers, trangerine, sometimes chips etc. He will not eat a sandwich no matter how hard I try.

Thanks everyone for your help!

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One of my kids never liked sandwiches either (and still doesn't, as a matter of fact). Instead of making a sandwich, I would roll up a piece or two of ham or turkey, cut up some cheese, and send a slice of wheat bread or some crackers. My child would eat everything separately but not together as a sandwich. I would also put peanut butter and jelly on crackers instead of bread. I also used to get some inexpensive store brand frozen pizzas. I'd cook the pizza ahead of time and put a slice or two in the lunches and then the fruit, treat, drink, whatever.

3. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    My children usually get a sandwich, a piece of fruit and a yoghurt. However, they sometimes get dried fruit, tuna pasta salad, raw vegetable sticks or a salad pot. If your child won't eat a sandwich, have you thought about alternatives to regular bread. For example you could use stuffed pittas or tortilla wraps. Use any filling you want. Anotehr option is something like crackers or crispbreads with soft cheese.