What do you splurge on: clothing or accessories?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by True2marie • May 19, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Depending on who you ask, you should spend the bulk of your fashion budget on clothing or accessories. To me, it's the latter. There's nothing like a beautiful scarf or necklace to dress-up an outfit. This is especially true of classic attire. You make a plain white blouse and skirt look trendy with the right purse and pair of shoes.

2. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Now that I think about it, I think that my splurging is like half and half. It just depends on the price really. Sometimes I find some great clothes for amazing prices and sometimes I find great earrings for great prices as well. Once I found 24 pairs of earrings all for $3 on clearance! That's my splurge lol. I normally don't purchase necklaces though, I'm more of an earrings and bracelet girl. :)

3. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I spend most of my money on clothing. I seem to reuse the same accessories with different outfits. I will spend a good amount of money on accessories because I want them to be of quality but I wont buy too much of them. Clothing is what is most important to me.

4. malia

maliaMember

Threads:
    I spend of it on clothing just because jewelry is pretty but it really irritates me to wear a lot of it and im allergic to fake earrings as well. I think just buying a couple of quality basic essential pieces is ideal for styling different outfits.

5. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I splurge on clothing and not on accessories. I like to have more clothes than accessories because I don't wear accessories and I have to have a lot of clothes to wear. So, I simply splurge on clothes so I will have many of them. Besides, I really find wearing accessories annoying.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty good at buying clothing and accessories on a budger, what I really splurge on is makeup! I suck at having a budget for makeup, just because MAC and Sephora are like my best friends..... I'm fine at buying the rest at cheap Forever21 and H&M, but I have to have my department store makeup.

7. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I splurge on accessories. I think a well made statement accessory can last you much longer than a staple piece of clothing. I do occasionally splurge on clothes, but nowhere near as often. I tend to keep the clothes in my wardrobe for awhile and update them with accessories.

8. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's worth splurging on clothes, as it is more beneficial when you have several clothes to alternate. It will preserve the life of your clothes that way. I just make sure that I have several pieces of flexible accessories which I can easily mix and match with clothes. I don't want to be keeping too many smaller pieces of accessories as well as I may not always remember what I have. I will stick with the ones that are easy to play with.

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well like I said before I hate clothes so if I splurged on anything, it would be accessories. The one way I'm a typical lady is I love jewelry and some sunglasses (it's a bummer I have to wear eyeglasses though so I end up switching a lot). It's gotten to the point where I don't think I should be allowed to look at jewelry anymore except on vacation and even then I try to limit it.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not fond of accessories at all, so I would have to say that I splurge on clothes. I even buy clothes when it's clear that they do not fit me in the hopes that I will get to wear them again in the future! Well it's on sale, so I bought it since it's cheap. But as compared to clothing, I splurge more on gadgets.