What do you take your pictures with?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by pandandesign • Dec 7, 2013.

1. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    Mobile phones have become one of the rapid growing technologies in mobile industry. There are more and more people use their mobile phones on almost everything such as web browsing, checking e-mails, calling, texting, playing games, taking pictures, and more. People would use their mobile phones to take pictures rather than using their cameras, which cameras have become almost less popular gadget nowadays. What do you take your pictures with? Do you prefer using your mobile phone or a camera?

2. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I am a victim of pop culture. For this reason, I now only take photos with my phone. It doesn't make sense to me to purchase an expensive camera when I already have a gadget that serves this purpose. The trick is to learn how to use one's phone to take decent pictures that don't come across as lopsided or grainy.

3. pandandesign

Threads:
    Oh, so true. I wouldn't buy an expensive camera because my phone has a good quality in picture-taking. I would rather carry my phone because it is convenient to carry one gadget that can also take good pictures. Thanks for the article, by the way.

4. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    I still use a camera. I just like the quality that comes from a decent camera. But at the same time, I love photography and taking pictures. Since I rarely ever see mobile pictures of high quality, I prefer to continue practicing the traditional way. Also, the good mobile cameras only come with the expensive phones like iphones. Since I refuse to spend that kind of money for a phone that will only last a year and some, I am left to using a camera I've had for over 7 years.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's funny.. I remember the first time I heard about phones being able to take pictures and I thought it was a stupid, faddy thing. Now I couldn't imagine life without it lol. I use my phone's camera for all my picture taking now. I've meant to replace my old camera for so many years now, but I just never think of it. The quality leaves much to be desired, but I also have programs that tidy them up, so it just seems so unnecessary now to part with a lot of money to get something I don't particularly need anymore.

6. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    At some point of the recent story we were fascinated with all those gadgets we could carry with us because of its small size, but I remember myself with 3 cell phones, one with the SIM of a carrier, other with a different carrier plus a pocket PC to take pics and still the iPOD touch to enjoy or something missed among all of them.

Today I found useless carry a camera and a cell phone or tablet if these can integrate it.

I actually have a smartphone and is the only that I take with me when it comes to take photos out there. Occasionally I take my tablet too, but the camera only if I really need very professional photos for a given reason.

7. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    I prefer using my cell phone to take pictures. I actually don't even own a camera lol. Using my phone to take pictures works just fine for me so that is probably why I don't really have the desire to purchase a camera. I definitely don't need a fancy, high quality camera to take pictures anyway.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My smartphone has an 8 megapixel camera, so that's the one that I use to take pictures. I also don't own a camera since I don't see the need for it. I'm not even a photography junkie. I'm quite content with taking pics using my mobile phone.

9. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely do take pictures with my cell phone, but I also have another camera I use for this purpose. That camera is a Canon PowerShot! I love that camera and unless I just really need to catch a pic on the go, I use my camera. Cell phone quality has definitely approved over the years, but nothing is quite as good as a real HD camera to me!

10. pandandesign

Threads:
    That was what happened to me a few years back when I thought that I wouldn't take pictures using aa mobile phone. Now, I use my mobile phone to take pictures and that's what I use. I don't really need a nice, fancy camera since my phone has 13 megapixels.

11. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I primarily use my Galaxy Note 2 to take a picture. I don't really have a high end camera so my mobile phone is all I have. It's quite handy and I can capture just about anything instantly as soon as something happens. So far, I'm quite satisfied with the results. 8MP ain't bad and with the help of some photo editing apps, the shots would eventually look awesome. :D

12. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately my phone's camera isn't high enough resolution to take "good" pictures so I have a digital camera (nothing too expensive) for when I go on hikes and on roadtrips so my pictures aren't all a hazy mess of something that "looks" like a cool landscape :)

13. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I own multiple cameras (a sony and mini one) but I still prefer my phone (an LG). The fact that I have my phone with me where ever I go and I can share my photos with my family and friends with the touch of a button is amazing! It's very convenient; though it'll never be like the camera qualities.

14. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    I take pictures exclusively with my phone. Unlike my camera, I cary my phone everywhere I go, so it comes in handy.

15. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    I have a Canon DSLR and a Sony point-and-shoot camera but my phone still belongs to the old century phones. I solely use my phone to text or call. With today's technological advancement, even a camera can access to the internet which makes it easier to stay connected with your loved ones.

16. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I always use my smartphone since carrying around my camera might be a bit bulky. I tend to use my phone camera whenever something great appears and would like to keep the memories. I think most people are ditching their cameras for smartphone cameras unless it is a special occasion.

17. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    Lately, I take all my on-the-fly pictures with my Nexus 4. Just because I always carry it in my pocket. I also own a Canon D1000 and D400. I'm thinking of buying a macro lens for them.

18. Cadence

CadenceMember

Threads:
    I always use my smartphone to take pictures nowadays, it's easy and I always have it with me. The camera is pretty decent too so I don't feel the need of using a "real" camera. I do have one though but it's not been used for a while. Sometimes I see really good pictures and think about how nice it would be to have a professional camera but first off it's not really something I can afford and also just because you have a good camera you don't automatically become a good photographer, a lot of practice and skills goes into taking really great pictures. At least if you compare it the level of knowledge required to use a smartphone to take pictures.

19. crucider

cruciderNew Member

Threads:
    90% of the time I take pictures with my smartphone (Android device) which is good enough quality for the portability of it. But if I want to take REALLY high quality pictures I use my Nikon DSLR for the pictures that I want to be high quality.

20. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    My cell phone. Of course. It has an 10 megapixel camera in it. I can also save them directly to my SD card. There are also so plenty of apps that give you the ability to edit photos on your phone. There is no reason to buy a digital camera these days. unless you are a professional photographer. Your standard smart phone camera should fulfill your needs.