What Do You Think About Amiibo?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Spectre456 • Oct 19, 2015.

1. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    Nintendo released these figurines called Amiibo about a year ago. They started out having a function that allowed you to get an AI of the character in Smash Brothers. You can train the AI by having it battle and learn from them.

After that they released more Amiibo that worked for other games and essentially functioned as DLC. I personally didn't like this business practice, but a lot of people ate it up.

What's your take on Amiibo? Do you own any?

2. ProNine

ProNineMember

Threads:
    It's really just another way for Nintendo to gobble up some money and improve its business. The reason people "ate" them up is because, unlike other collectible items, Nintendo offers physical items which you can actually feel and touch. You know that you'll always have access to it no matter what.

3. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    They are pretty cool but I would never buy them, basically because they don't really have that much of a functionality and they are really expensive. Although, I feel like a lot of hardcore Nintendo fans will buy them.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate the fact that a Sonic the Hedgehog Amiibo was released but I have to buy it online because no store near me has it.
    Meanwhile there are a freaking gazillion Mario Amiibos available to buy in stores in my area.
    I get that Mario is basically Nintendo's mascot, but since they released a Sonic Amiibo, I should be able to at least buy it in stores. It's almost like they're intentionally making them scarce.

5. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    Bingo. They have very little functionality for the most part, but hardcore Nintendo fans like myself will still buy them. I currently have every US released amiibo to date and I have only used a handful of them. For me, they are moreso collectibles and I appreciate looking t familiar characters that I have made memories with since I was a child.