What do you think about iOS 7?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by mmug • Oct 14, 2013.

1. mmug

mmugAdministrator
    Administrator

Threads:
    What do you think about iOS 7?

I updated my iPhone 4 and my iPad mini last week from iOS 6 to iOS 7. Sincerely I loved the new iOS 7 after update, it was like I had a new phone.
    The iPad mini work fine and I am still satisfied with the iOS 7.
    My iPhone 4 after the iOS update is slow, sometimes has an unresponsive touch screen interface and occasional freezes. The worst part is that the arrow freezes when "slide to unlock".
    I searched over the internet for a method to downgrade it but you can no longer downgrade from iOS 7 to iOS 6.
    I think that iOS 7 has some cool new features but performance is horrible.

2. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I like iOS 7 so far. I wouldn't say the features and performance is horrible because I haven't had any problems with it.
    I feel like some phones have some glitches that may be preventing them from working smoothly. I think this can all be solved after you install another small feature or update so keep checkin for updates in your settings.

3. mmug

mmugAdministrator
    Administrator

Threads:
    Anna I love iOS 7 on my iPad mini. The problem is on iPhone 4, is it freeze. And the worst thing is when the "slide to unlock" arrow freezes.

4. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I like it on my iPhone. I like the look of it, and the features. It was easy to update for me and I'm happy with it.

5. RotBaron

RotBaronNew Member

Threads:
    I also just got IOS 7 on my iphone and the new interface is like a breath of fresh air. I'm with you that it's like a brand new phone, the new features like the pop-up menu are so useful and save me a lot of time. Ironically the update is so nice it's keeping me from wanting to upgrade my phone. I don't think that was their intention from a business point of view but it makes me more confident about the brand.

My 4S is still quite speedy but I could see the hardware limitations of the 4 slowing it down. I don't know if that's just a personal issue with your phone or representative of the intended performance of the 4.

6. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I have had no issues with it thus far. I have seen so many negative reviews and comments, but for me it has worked and performed top notch... so far, anyways ;)

7. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    At first I did not like iOS 7 as much, now I have come to enjoy it a bit more. I did not like iOS 7 at first, because it did not feel like previous firmwares. Although I was a fan of it before the actual release. I always felt like Apple's updates were a bit useless. I never understood what they actually did when they would update. The IOS 7 gave us a reason to stay loyal to Apple. There are features of IOS 7 that did not carry over from previous versions. Overall it was a great update, worth the wait.

8. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Like with any other operative system, i give it a year before jumping in, because there is always something wrong with it and then i just get problems from it. Better wait until most of the stuff gets stable and applications don't have problems with the new system.

9. dapperdileep

dapperdileepNew Member

Threads:
    I think it is good update! It made me feel like I owned a different phone! Worth the wait.

10. Shana

ShanaMember

Threads:
    I think the update is great if you have a newer IPhone! I update my 5 and it runs great and is amazing! I love the new keypad, I love having the option to have a guy or girl Siri. However if you have one of the older IPhone's it slows it down tremendously and there isn't any good way to go back and update. I'm honestly not sure you can go back an update from this one at all!

11. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    There are some things that I like and some things that I don't, so here's my take in a nutshell. I like the look and feel of OS7, I like the way the new icons look and how the music controls operate. I like the addition of the flashlight in the main menu instead of having to download an app or turn on the flash under the video menu. I also like the fact that the OS takes up less memory than 6. BUT, I do not like how my phone "sticks" when I try to do something. I just updates to 7.0.3 and I am hoping that this update fixes it. My browser seems slower, but that might not be because of the OS update as much as it is my carrier. I have an iPhone 4, so this may be the issue with the "sticking" but overall, I like the update.

12. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard for those who update the IOS 7 on their IPhone 4, it becomes slower and sometimes lag because the processor can no long keep up with the latest software.

13. erronousRogue

erronousRogueMember

Threads:
    I haven't had any issues with performance, but I'm not a fan of the new redesign. Everything is way too colourful and clashing, especially on a light wallpaper. The black icon names and indicators look terrible, and every stock application has been updated with "minimalist" buttons that are harder to figure out and don't add anything. Pretty sure I'll be sticking with 6 for a while.

14. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have IOS 7 on my iPhone and my iPad, and so far , i really have not had much problem with it , on either of them. I do think that the ipad freezes up more often that it did with the old OS, but I recently got a new ipad, so it might just be the ipad doing it and not the OS.
    I really love the new looks of the IOS 7, and how it looks like it is floating the icons above the screen. That part is totally awesome !
    My battery seems to run down faster, but again, I am not sure if it is the ipad itself, or something in the new IOS 7.

15. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I liked IOS 7. I mean there are some things about IOS 7 that I wish I could change.I mean I hate the lockscreen, I could really use the classic lockscreen. Other than that I have been pretty satisfied with the IOS 7. I really loved the home screen a lot.

16. Damikoulas88

Damikoulas88New Member

Threads:
    Indeed is true! My iphone 4 became slower! I end up buying iphone 5s and i have to say am happy after 1 month of use!

17. suncoast15

suncoast15New Member

Threads:
    I personally was a bit turned off by the parallax feature. It's neat, and offers a new depth to the user experience that other phones can't offer. However it eats up battery life like no other. It also uses memory unnecessarily. If you have one of the brand new phones with fast processors, it might not make a difference, but if you have an older phone it may affect performance.

The all around upgrade to the entire look of icons, new color scheme and thinner fonts is well overdue. It would definitely be hard to go back to iOS 6 and before now that I'm used to 7, which has a much more modern look.

18. sidd230

sidd230Member

Threads:
    In my opinion, this was a very good move by Apple. The iOS UI was beginning to feel very dated and this overhaul was very much necessary. Some people may not like the new tacky look, but in my opinion, it was a much needed update.

19. jtucci21

jtucci21Member

Threads:
    I don't like that it won't tell me when I've sent past text messages but beyond that it's alright. Kind of feminine, but alright.

20. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    I was always a little skeptical about IOS 7 until I actually started using it, and that is when I started to be a fan of it more. I liked the look and design of it regardless of people saying how they believed Apple was copying off of Android. I mean it is a universal design that is used by may brands. You have to do what it takes to stay on top and right now I think Apple is on top. So in my opinion, I am a fan of iOS 7.