What do you think about Jurassic World?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by TPhoenix • Dec 2, 2014.

1. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, if you haven't been aware, the raptors are making their way back to a big screen near you in the summer of 2015 after the producers had been aiming for over a decade to get this project on its way. The trailer came out recently as the story picks up 22 years following the events of Jurassic Park and I have to say that it looks fascinating seeing the protagonist riding a motorcycle with his own army of raptors, looking like they were going into battle. I know many, including myself, are not big fans of the rampant revivals of old movies, but what are your impressions of Jurassic World and is this a movie you want to see?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I would go see it. I recently watched some clips of Jurassic Park and couldn't believe how much technology has improved since it was made! The film wasn't barely realistic to me and I remember at the time jumping out of my seat from fright. I can only imagine that Jurassic World will take the films reputable dynamics to new never before seen heights that will have the audience on the edge throughout. I'm glad to hear they will keep the raptors in, they were one of my favorite dinosaurs in the first film! Also, the color is probably going to be awesome in HD and it would make a great 3D flick as well.

3. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    Amazing scenes are memorable from Jurassic Park. :D I think I would be interested in seeing Jurassic World based on my experience watching Jurassic Park. I still devote an entire night watching Jurassic Park at home. I also played the games based on Jurassic Park the film and its sequels on Sega. It's like a continuation of the film when I played them.

4. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    I thought the trailer looked great, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it. Jurassic Park was a major part of all our childhoods, so there will be a certain degree of nostalgia. Not to mention that Chris Pratt has shown himself to have serious acting chops, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what he brings to this franchise.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Haven't yet seen the trailer but I liked the Jurassic park films and obviously I'd want to watch another sequel, if sequel it is. I wonder though if the filmmakers will let CGI kill the movie. It's too much to wish for I know. Nonetheless since Jurassic Park changed the Cinematic world maybe they'll be breaking new ground?

6. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    While the trailer footage certainly looks promising, I hope that it won't devolve into something like an Alien movie, with a super-smart and deadly predator hunting humans. From what I could see from the footage it seems to be more of a single mutated dinosaur that is hunting them down.

7. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974Member

Threads:
    What is with Hollywood releasing sequels after two decades? I am all for "Dumb and Dumber to", because I loved the original. They are talking about "Beetlejuice 2" as well. If Robin Williams hadn't committed suicide, it's likely "Mrs. Doubtfire 2" would have been made as well. As for the next installation of "Jurassic Park", count me in! In different aspects, I have enjoyed the three that have been released.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I saw the trailer and I can't say it made me excited. To be fair, though, I'm not really that into dinosaurs and the only reason I liked these movies was because they had a decent story, especially the first one, so I'm just hoping that the same magic would at least be present in this new one. I'd be disappointed if it runs out that it's too muted due to forced realism like a lot of movies and games suffer from nowadays.

9. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I think it will be a decent movie to watch, but it will not surpass the original Jurassic Park movie, nope! Also, the dinosaurs do not look as impressive as the first two movies were able to depict, and is way over done in CGI. I do like the hybrid concept theme for Jurassic World movie, because it adds a new mysterious element that will draw the attention of viewers and critics. I also saw concept drawings back in the early 2000s showing that early drawings of the hybrid species was half-man and dinosaur - this was a stupid idea in my opinion.

10. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    It looks awesome! I really hope that they follow through and don't just have a flashy trailer. I plan on watching this at an IMAX theater with my boyfriend. I just have to save up so I can have money for the ticket. Excited to see the new dinos!