What do you think about using fake plants in place of real ones?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by donding • Aug 22, 2014.

1. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's fine in a dentist office. But for my home, never! I don't just have them for appearances. They oxygenate the room, taking care of them relaxes me, and I enjoy the smell of fresh plants... Any kind of fresh plants. It seems like a waste and a tease to have fake plants.

2. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    On one level, I kind of like the idea of opting for a fake plant. As others have said, it would require less upkeep, and they’re generally pet-friendly. However, I think I’d personally feel like I was hoodwinking myself, which would be pointless. I’m not too experienced with plant care and the like, but I love the idea of having them in the house. I’ve been considering investing in a couple of small potted plants that would be good for beginners. A windowsill herb garden appeals to me, too.

3. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I've had fake and real plants because I just like the look and decor. Granted fake plants give the look I want with out the fuss, but real plants are just so much better. I love that they produce better air for us as well as provide ambiance.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Fresh plants - especially flowers - have a limited lifespan. When they start to wither, they don't look too pleasing to the eyes. If your aim is to decorate your interior with a long line of greens, then it's better to settle for fake plants. The upkeep wouldn't cost you much. You can opt to put a tall potted plot outside of your office door but you have to be careful in watering the plant so that the end result won't look so messy.

5. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I love real plants, but sometimes I'm not around for a while and my plants don't fare well. Especially if I move them out onto my back porch in the summer. I've seen hanging baskets that look very nice outside. Shoot. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference if you don't look really closely.