What do you think of people who jump the queue?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Dora M • Apr 3, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Imagine you are in the supermarket, possibly in a hurry, and someone with a full shopping trolley pushes in ahead of you. How do you react?
    I always point out to them where the queue begins and if they would be so kind and join it there. Most people are genuinely absent-minded and apologise but then there are those who want to pick a fight. To be honest, I feel like ramming them with my trolley but I walk away instead as it's just too aggravating and stressful for me.

2. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    This definitely a pet peeve of mine. I agree most people do just apologise and take their place at the back of the queue. If I am doing a big shop and someone behind me only has a few items I will always let them go ahead of me.

But I take no prisoners when it comes to those rude people who seem to think they have acquired the ability to become invisible. I highlight them if someone else doesn't first and I make sure I remain in my rightful place in the queue.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I let people who just have a couple of items go ahead of me, but if someone jumps the line, I point out where the line starts. My time is just as valuable as anyone else's and if someone thinks that their checking out is a higher priority than everyone else's, then they're selfish and have a huge ego and I have to speak up. Usually the other people waiting in line are just as annoyed so the person is pressured by the group to go to the back of the line.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Push ahead of me? Come on, I would not allow that, I'd say them to get in line and that's pretty much it. Luckily there are not many people doing it, usually people understand what's a line and respect it, unless they go to a register with priority, but that is a different question.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will usually glare at them really harshly. I practice my glare in the mirror, I assure you it's very effective! LOL.. but it seriously is effective. Usually just staring does the trick. Now if the person just hops right in front of me in line I will say "excuse me, you are taking my spot". I swear, where did these people learn manners??

6. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    It depends. If they ask nicely then I'm usually fine with but I hate people that just barrel in front of you and skip ahead. That's Middleschool cafeteria stuff right there, what grown up behaves like that anymore out in public? I'd push myself right in front of them and wouldn't even bother saying, "oh hey that's rude". If you're going to be disrespectful to me than you're going to get the same disrespect that you earned in the first place.

7. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    everyone should follow the line even if you just have one item. People also have their own issues and probably appointments to meet but if you can not respect that then be sure you will face a lot of wrath from the people on the line. Some people will be kind to tell you politely but others will just shout at you with no mercy. So just follow the queue.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I'm quite patient anyway, so I'm not as restless as those impatient people when they are stuck in a situation that forces them to wait, so most likely I would just let it slide, especially if the items that he carries aren't that many. But if it was many items and it would have me waiting for like 15 minutes or more, then I will gently point out to him where the line starts.

9. Rusky

RuskyMember

Threads:
    It's just really, really not nice of them. I can understand if they have somewhere to be very fast, and I mean, like if they need to get the bandages they're buying back to their sick friend or something, but just skipping the queue because you don't want to wait is not very nice at all.

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Isabbela, I bet I would feel your eyes in the back of my head if I ever got in your way in a supermarket or anywhere else. Lol
    I've done the staring myself, with raised eyebrows and looking very intense, but some folks are just so dense and rude. I know that they will suffer some karmic consequences from their actions sooner or later. :)

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I had a couple of really bad experiences within a week or two, one at a Circuit City and another at Best Buy. I was in Circuit City trying to get some assistance with buying a bunch of computers for our office, and talking to a store associate when this lady just walks right up to us, and starts asking the associate questions, completely interrupting me as if I wasn't there. Then he had the nerve to just leave me there and walk off with her! We stood there for about 5-10 minutes, then said screw it, but not before complaining to the customer service desk about what just happened and how they just lost out of, literally, several grand in purchases from us (probably close to 8 grand). Of course they offered to get another associate but we told them no thanks we are taking out business elsewhere.

Then, like two weeks later, I was at Best Buy trying to return something. I was the first person in line at the Customer Service desk, but the girl working it by herself was on the phone with another customer, so I stood at the "Line Starts Here" sign which was a couple feet from the desk, and waited patiently. She made eye contact with me and nodded that she would be with me in a moment. Then, this other obnoxious lady walks *right in front of me* and throws her stuff on the counter and starts playing around with her purse as if she was next. I was two seconds away from telling her off hardcore, in light of what had just happened to me recently at the other store. But I figured I would wait and see what the girl working the desk does once she gets off the phone. Thankfully she shut her down hard, and looked right past her at me and was like "I can take you over at this register, sir" - I laughed and walked past her and returned my merchandise.

There have been times that I got so fed up with the customer in front me screwing around tying up the checkout line, or if the cashier was putzing around taking their good old time as well, that I've left an entire buggy of groceries there and just walked out of the store. That is so incredibly inconsiderate and selfish of people to act oblivious to the long line behind them. They start becoming all stubborn and acting like they are just going to take their good old time and how dare you expect them to be considerate of everyone else. There is no reason for a person to tie up a register for like 15-20 like that, wanting to double check this item or that item, or send their kid off to go grab something they forgot, or chat about all kinds of random crap.