What Do You Use PayPal For?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by LindaKay • Mar 9, 2014.

1. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I know a lot of people have Paypal accounts for buying things online and such, but I use mine a lot more than that. All of my freelance work is done online, and I get paid through PayPal 99 percent of the time. I have a PayPal debit card and use it for everything.

What do you use PayPal for?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hi, I use my paypal account for a lot of different things. Like you, I get paid through paypal for work that I do on the internet. I also use it to buy things and services online. I feel it is safe, and in the many years that I have used paypal, I never had a problem. Another very useful aspect is that I can quickly send my family or friends money when there is an emergency. The fees are minimal compared to a lengthy and expensive bank transfer. It just makes me feel safe to know that at any time of the day or night I can send and receive money through paypal, especially when I have to make a transfer overseas.

3. lavenderblue

lavenderblueMember

Threads:
    I use Paypal for just about everything. eBay purchases, other online retail purchases, personal purchasing from specialized sites, sending money to friends and family, etc. The fees can be excessive though, especially in recent years. I still use it all the time though, there don't seem to be any comparable alternatives that are widely accepted.

4. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I am also a freelance writer and most of my clients prefer to pay through PayPal other than direct deposit because of security reasons. I have been using i for over 3 years now and their services are not back. Although they are really strict to ensure no fraud.

5. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    They are pretty strict, but I don't blame them. There are a lot of scammers out there who use PayPal, so they have to be careful. I've heard complaints about PayPal, but I've never had a problem with them. I've never tried to scam anyone or anything, though, so maybe that's why. :)

6. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    I actually can't really think of anything that I don't use paypal for. I've had a paypal debit card for some years now and that does mean that my money is always instantly available to me to use. The added benefit is the 1% cash back that you get on credit card purchases.

I use it for day to day needs, I use it for online shopping and I've even recently began using it to pay our household bills.

7. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly use my PayPal account for buying replacement parts, smartphones or consoles from eBay or stores that accept it. It`s easier to pay via PayPal, then to introduce the data of my credit card

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I fall in the middle group. I use it for more than just buying things online because I also am a freelancer and get paid online for the most part. I don't bother with the debit card, though, because I already have 2 bank accounts that each have cards associated with them. Instead, I transfer my money from PayPal into each of the bank accounts about once a month.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I made a Paypal account because that's the payment method of the sites that I work on. I also use my Paypal account to buy things online. I currently have 2 Paypal accounts, but the other account is limited.

10. BlacKnight1090

BlacKnight1090Member

Threads:
    Of course purchasing is a plus for me, because I love the security of it over directly using my bank account (especially online), but the reason I even own a PayPal account is for network marketing. Once I started earning money it became the most convenient way to manage my money. Not just that but I also do graphics for a living. I get paid to create logos most of the time and I also take on other graphics projects. It's great since I get all my money instantly. The rare times I need something directly deposited into my bank account, I have a sad face for the waiting process. =/

11. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    You have to be a happy customer about bank commissions! In my country, those commissions can reach even the level of 1euro for nothing special, just lunar administration, so people tend to be limited to one bank account. As you, I transfer my money for Paypal or viceversa once a month;)

12. Athena02

Athena02Member

Threads:
    I also get most on my revenue on Paypal, which I then transfer to my Payoneer card if I want to withdraw it.
    But other than receiving payments or paying people, I use it a lot for online purchases.

It is much safer than using my credit card since I nearly never leave more than $100 on it. I also prefer using it since websites that accept Paypal are generally more trustworthy (referring to websites like DHGate that cannot accept Paypal payments anymore due to large numbers of complaints from customers).

13. fruii29

fruii29Member

Threads:
    I am not into PayPal. This is the first time I am using such payment method. But i'm pretty confident that I will not be experiencing any scams (fingers-crossed). I usually use it with my home-based jobs. Employers does require to have a PayPal account before they could hire you and pay you. As far as I am concern, I have a good relationship with PayPal.

14. bobthemuffinman

bobthemuffinmanNew Member

Threads:
    I use paypal for basically everything online. I buy lots of computer games with it, and trade virtual items with it. Paypal is very versatile.

15. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    As I work from home as a freelancer writer and a lot of my clients are from other countries, I am generally paid via PayPal. This makes my PayPal account as important as my current and savings accounts at the bank. I often buy my groceries online and have them delivered but have to use my debit card for these transactions. All other purchases I make online, such as gifts, clothes and items for around the home I pay for using my PayPal account. I do a lot of this type of shopping online so I can look out for the best deals and get better value for money.

16. Rusky

RuskyMember

Threads:
    Mostly I use it for shopping online, and receiving payments from others for various work I do for them. It may not be the fastest service out there, but it's reliable, and certainly trustworthy. Their charge back service is a dream for people like me who do work, and then don't always get paid for it by the client.

17. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I rarely use it for anything now.

Since i switched to Amazon for all of my online shopping. I could not be happier with my decision. Paypal is a horrible company. All you have to do do a quick Google search, and you will see the forums are full of complaints.

Nobody likes Paypal. They use because they have to. Fortunately I do not have to anymore.

18. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I use Paypal mostly to get paid for the online work I do, including this site, since they seem to only use Paypal as their payment processor. Which is fine by me, since I only get paid in very small increments here and there. I used to use Paypal quite often to do purchasing as well, but haven't done so lately. Yes, I do trust Paypal, but have been a little cautious using them recently, since they've been getting some negative feedback lately.

19. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    I can't imagine my life without PayPal. I do use it for purchasing things online like you said, but I also use my merchants account a lot because I offer several services online. From web design, to SEO, I use PayPal to collect the payments.

20. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    That is a rare opinion.

Most of, if not all the people i know hate Paypal as a company, and i have to agree with them. Paypal is always screwing with people. They limit peoples account for no particular reason. They are always requesting ridiculous amounts of information.

Then it takes them for ever to get back to when you send the information to them. I despise Paypal. I only use them when i have to.