What Do You Use Your Phone The Most For?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Pat • Jun 1, 2015.

1. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What do you use your phone for the most?

Taking pictures?

Listenting to music or videos?

Talking and texting messages?

I use my phone to listen to music more than I talk on it. I also text more than I talk on the phone.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use my phone for pretty much anything. If the task can be performed on a smartphone, then I probably do it on my phone. But the features that I use the most - well it would probably be between the email feature, and the watching videos, and the wifi. Those are the three features that I look at when looking for new phones and such, because that is all I do on my smartphone.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know we've covered this in multiple threads. I use my smartphone for browsing the Web, checking emails, some heavy gaming, and then for a few productivity tasks. It's got a nice screen on it, so I'll check out videos whenever I have down time or I'll check on sports scores. I'm not tethered to my smartphone necessarily, but I'll use it whenever I can to tackle things that require attention.

4. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    A majority of the time, I use my phone to text and to talk. Once in a while I will use it to listen to music and to browse the web sometimes, but that is very rare. I used to use it to check my email, but my phone has a limit as well and it can't do as many tasks as I would like it to do.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to game on myphone a lot when I first got it. I have a Nokia C7, and when it first came out there were loads of game applications for it, as well as other applications for it. But with the ever rising popularity of the Android and IOS applications and phones, they seem to have stopped making games and applications for my phone along with Windows phones. It sucks.

6. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I used my phone mostly to text and receive calls. I actually don't use it much for other purpose. I have a tiny MP3 player that I listen to when I jog (more convenient for me) and I have a digital camera for taking pictures (my phone's camera is really not that good). :D

7. azeemah kaleem

azeemah kaleemMember

Threads:
    The majority of the time, I use my cellphone for talking and texting. Other times, I will use at work to listen to music or watch a movie. I had my landline home phone disconnected, and currently use my cellphone as my main line. I think a lot of people have moved away from landline phones. I really do not see the purpose of them anymore.

8. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    I used to always be on my phone texting, its the main reason I got the phone but now it seems all I am ever doing is playing with apps that make you money, I'm hooked on them!

9. kristin

kristinNew Member

Threads:
    I use it to call. I do not have a smartphone though so that is probably why. :) I still have the phone that you have to hit number one three times to get to the letter "c." Texting can be a real bear. I have an iPod touch that I use mainly for audiobooks, music and Pinterest. If I had a smartphone I would probably use it mostly for entertainment purposes.

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to admit that I don't get as much use out of my phone as I could. I mainly use it to send and receive text messages, to make and receive calls and to whatsapp with friends and family. Occasionally I also take a picture or two on it, but the camera on my phone isn't all that so I don't bother that much with it.

11. leovew

leovewNew Member

Threads:
    It really depends if I'm at home or at work. As a Real Estate Agent, I use my phone all the time. I need it to call and text my clients, send and receive emails, and use apps such as a calendar, loan and mortgage calculator, and unit converter. After work, my phone-usage makes a 360 turn. My phone becomes a clock and a flashlight. I might read an eBook or check my Facebook for 5 minutes, but then that's it. I try to keep it away from me as much as I can. :)

12. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest, I have no idea why I buy expensive phones, because I don't use them even at their 30% potential. I use these phones just to call people and play occasional games, and that's pretty much it, tbh.

13. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Basically I use my phone for what phones are for; making calls, receiving calls and, obviously, receive SMSes and texting messages.

Other than this, I rarely use any other thing on it that I cannot use on my tablet instead.

14. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aside from Mpoints or scanning in the store occasionally, I mainly use my phone for listening to music. I text on occasion.

15. GavinGimbo

GavinGimboMember

Threads:
    So, I use my phone for a lot of stuff. I consider myself a heavy user who uses his phone everyday. So:
    • I listen to Spotify. My main music source.
    • Watch Movies and TV shows.
    • Download Movies and TV Shows.
    • I Viber a lot. WhatsApp too.
    • Browse Reddit.
    • YouTube.
    • Read about Tech. News.
    • Browse Twitter.
    On a typical day mostly everyday, this is what I do. I occasionally take pictures whenever I go out and see something interesting. I don't game as often as I'd like to though.

That's about it!

16. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I use my phone mostly for talking to clients when I am on the go because there will be times that I will not be close to a computer and some clients just like to get a fast answer so most of the time I have skype running and I just talk to them through that.

17. Aasif Khan

Aasif KhanMember

Threads:
    I use my phone mostly to listen to music. I use it for making and recieving calls. I don't do gaming or texting but I do a little of instant messaging in Whatsapp. I often checkout Facebook too in their official app for Android. I rarely watch any movies in my phone.

18. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Just texting and calling, and maybe a little bit of note taking. I'm currently using a Blackberry phone which is not a smart phone so I can't use it for any social media, or anything of that sort. I got rid of my previous smart phone because of its battery problem and I didn't encounter any difficulties in handling my daily routines when I switched to an older phone.

19. xpictoc

xpictocNew Member

Threads:
    I view my smartphone as an extension of myself. It contains important information, contacts and dates. Internet is another large portion of my phone usage, both for business and pleasure. The calendar function is particularly important to me, without it I would have to resort to a notebook te remember my daily schedule.

20. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    First I mess aroung with it, root boatloader ect. A few wipes too.
    I'll settle on a setup I like and just use it as a daily driver from there.
    Which is mostly just texting and reddit. I get/make a few calls a week on it if that.
    Some general browsing and emailing but that's it, I run extra lean for long battery life.
    Thats my MO, but I had a swag phone that just stopped responding so now my daily driver is also my swag phone and it'sa pain.