What Do Your Kids Watch On Youtube?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Jul 8, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have a 4 year old niece who absolutely loves watching videos on Youtube. She sometimes spends hours just clicking on related links and never seems to tire of it. Most of what she watches are toy reviews and demonstrations, as well as clips from some of her favorite shows and also some home made versions or parodies of them. That said, I always like introducing new things to her too so she can have new topics and shows to discover, but I easily run out of these ideas, so I'm hoping you guys might offer me some suggestions on what your kids watch. I also welcome some suggestions for boys since I have a nephew as well, and also so that the thread can be more useful for all and not just me. :)

2. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I have a 2 year old niece and she watches Dora the Explorer, My Little Pony and Peppa Pig on Youtube. Once she's done with an episode she would just took it upon herself to click on one of the suggested videos and she's a happy girl. She got the hang of the touchpad now so she can just click random stuff on the suggested videos so she's cool.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    There are many reruns of old cartoons like Dexter's Laboratory and Tom and Jerry, the kids I babysit love those. Feels like modern cartoons have fallen off in quality in my opinion.

4. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I don't have kids of my own, but I do spend quite a bit of time with my 3 year old nephew. He makes me watch shows like Clifford and Caillou just to name a couple. Clifford can be entertaining at times, but for some reason I can't stand Caillou, the main character annoys me.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Does my YouTube viewing count if I'm a kid at heart? :p

Anyways, I love watching Piewdiepie, Angry Video Game Nerd, Quirkology, WongFu Productions, and free movies uploaded in YouTube. I also love watching random funny stuff.

See? Kid's stuff right?

6. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have children, but I do have two nephews. They also love watching videos on YouTube. They really love those nursery rhymes like Humpty Dumpty, Three Little Kittens, etc. They also watch episodes of their favorite shows like Doc McStuffins. :)

7. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a kid yet, but my niece and nephew absolutely love watching videos on YouTube. Most of the time, they watch cartoons and animated movies. You know, the likes of Frozen and all the new stuff. My nephew also likes watching gameplay videos of his favorite iPad games. Sometimes, we'd be surprised because they'd sing a new song, do amazing things in the games they play, etc. All because of YouTube.

8. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    I don't have kids of my own yet, but I would just like to remind those of you who let their kids watch cartoons on their own to supervise and check what they frequently watch. You see, there are cartoons that promotes bad habits and attitude. For example, TOM & GERRY while it is a classic cartoon promotes violence when Tom wants to hit Gerry all the time, although they are friends, use of baseball bat, trap, etc is not a good example for kids. Sesame street also has some bad points and you can check what is wrong with Sesame Street on google. On the other hand, subject related shows like those featuring Science and Math (kid's level) are good options for you.

9. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I personally don't have any children but my nieces absolutely love Youtube. They spend a lot of time watching reviews and gamers that play Minecraft.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My teenager watches Pewdiepie too and Smosh, and Rooster Teeth. There are a lot of good Let's Play video game videos and game reviews on YouTube.

11. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I have a nephew and all that he watches on YouTube is some abc videos. Right now I think that he is really good with his abcs because of those videos that are on YouTube. Most of the time when my niece or nephew are on YouTube it is mostly educational things that they are watching.

12. holliecraw79

holliecraw79New Member

Threads:
    I like to spend time with my toddler singing along to nursery rhyme videos that we find on YouTube. I have found them to be a good from a language and counting education angle especially learning videos like the ABC Alphabet song and fiver little ducks.

This is our current favourite sing along video:

I pick the videos because I don't fully trust the YouTube suggest feature.

13. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My little niece loves "funny animal videos", mostly. But she also watched any video with an animal in it. Occasionally I've tried to get her to watch other vids kids might like but she loses interest pretty fast so it forces me to trawl through youtube to find the vids for her since as yet she can't find the videos on her own.

14. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have my kids myself. But I'm always with my cousin. Sometimes they would be left under my care at my home. Since I'm always doing something, I couldn't watch over them all the time and have them do something that I like. What I do is either I have them sit down or lie down to watch a movie or let them use a computer. When they use a computer, they're quick to stream some videos on Youtube, through which they learn do-it-yourself simple stuff like origami and other art activities for their age.