What Features Do You Look for in a Cellphone?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Adeal4u • Jun 19, 2012.

1. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    When I buy a new cellphone I'm usually concerned with the processing speed. I like buying phones that perform the tasks faster, so I don't have to wait. The weight is also important to me because I like my cellphone to be thin and lightweight. What features do you look for in a cellphone?

2. classy_ally

classy_allyMember

Threads:
    With technology always changing at warp speed, I now look for touch screen. At least 3G speed with video capabilities. I also like the Gorilla Glass feature too.

3. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    When it comes to my mobile phone, i seriously am only for the phone call and texts. I don't need cameras or any other thing going on with it. I use a different gadget for that anyway.

4. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Well, when purchasing a phone...now, I tend to look for good battery life. I do not need my phone to bake bread or anything really...just function. I do a lot of my internet searching and even some work on my phone so a large screen and easy to use keypad is up there too. I am grateful for that!

5. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Right now, I really only care about the physical size of the phone and the internal memory of the phone for the apps that I do have. I don't really have a concept of a fast phone as it is a phone, it's but so fast anyway. I don't surf on the web that often, so actually doing it would be the drag, not so much the phone, in my opinion.

6. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I'm really not too picky when it comes to cellphones. I'm not one of those people that always needs to get the latest phone that comes out in the market. So, I guess the biggest thing for me would be functionality and battery life. I don't want to have to hunt down various features on my phone and I don't want to have to charge my phone every day.

7. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I look for durability, a good camera and a good rate plan. I currently have an iPhone 3GS but that's because my husband said it was time to keep up with the world and get a smart phone so he bought me one for my birthday 2 years ago. Before that I had a Samsung with a company called Metro PCS - not sure if its available in all of your areas. I have never been very into the techy stuff I just want something thats not too expensive, takes good pictures, will last me a few drops of the counter top and looks somewhat decent

8. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I'm a simpleton. I like a phone that can just receive/send text messages and send/receive phone calls. I have a BlackBerry but I only use 10 percent of its functions; text messaging (primarily) and phone calls (hardly). I take a couple of pictures each month of our cats, but that's about it.

9. bryce12

bryce12Active Member

Threads:
    I am not a picky guy so I am happy if I am able to make calls, do video chatting and play videos. I am not a big fan of touch interface so I can survive without it but if I have to choose between a touch and button interface, I will choose a touch interface. I also look for a great battery life as I have to travel often and would be stranded if I have no place to charge my phone.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would prefer one that has a qwerty keyboard or a keypad, because I type quite slow when using touch screen phones. Having a GPS feature and a fast processor is a must too.

11. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    What I look for in a cellphone is speed, large memory, and it has to be lightweight and tough. Anything else is a bonus to me!

12. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I normally look for how fast the speed is and if the phone is known for having dropped calls.
    Unfortunately the phone that I have has amazing speed but at the end of the day the speed tends to wear the battery out. I guess this is the biggest flaw in our technology so far because the battery tend to die very quickly to the point where we need to charge our phones a few times a day.

13. vshah1585

vshah1585Banned

Threads:
    I always look for good music as I am a music lover.Speed is also a big matter for me.

14. donaldplozha

donaldplozhaMember

Threads:
    I need Bluetooth, the possibility to install Java applications, lots of memory for contacts and themes. I guess normal cellphones have got everything else like a well-organized menu and similar stuff by default nowadays. :)

15. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    If I were to purchase a new cellphone, it'd have to support HD videos (the one I currently have doesn't), a rather large screen, a good RAM memory, and a good camera.

16. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    A cellphone that has a quad core processor would be the ultimate phone that I would want as of now.