What film do you never get tired of watching?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Jrh2 • May 17, 2014.

1. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I enjoy watching new films when they are released but sometimes the older ones that I have watched again and again are still better however many times I have watched the film. One of my favourites to watch that I never get tired of watching is Clueless as I think it is a great film. How about you?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Drama as I honestly think that of all the genres, they have the widest and the greatest variation in terms of presentation, themes and stories. Not like action, horror, or comedy films, it always has a unique story to tell in which we can gain a strong realistic moral lesson from.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to watch children's films, one came out about 5 years ago that I have watched several time and will look at when ever I can not find something to look at. The name of the movie is "Spider Wicks", it is a great story about a man that forgets what is really important in his life, his family not his work and what his son did to bring him back into his world.There is some animation in the film and real people.

4. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I'm trying to think of some movies that I'd never tire of, and half of them are animated movies! So, the list probably is Star Trek: 2009, Star Trek Into Darkness, How to Train Your Dragon, Treasure Planet, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Lilo and Stitch, NINE and there are probably more but those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

...I just noticed that all of my favorite movies are sci-fi... Wow I'm a nerd. ;)

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mean Girls and What Happens in Vegas! Those movies are so awesome, funny and refreshing! I can't get enough. With Mean Girls is even more serious, because I pretty much know the lines back to back! As for more recent movies, I have watched Frozen several times already and can't get enough of it too!

6. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I love movies with medieval themes (those with kings, queens, castles, knights, etc.) and I never get tired of watching them. Like Ever After (With Drew Barrymore), Dragonheart (with Sean Connery) and Braveheart (with Mel Gibson), to mention a few. :D

7. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    A Patch of Blue - is my go to sad film, can never get enough of it when I'm glum. To Sir with Love is my go to be inspired film, and because of it I teach to this day. Babycakes is my cheer myself up when I feel fat mood. It is a made for T.V. film that can be found on You Tube I think. Then there is the classic musical, 'Seven Brides for Seven Brothers' which I have probably watched the most out of all of my favorite films listed. These movies I have watched over and over again. I have others too but these were the first to come to my mind.

8. scottguy

scottguyNew Member

Threads:
    A lot of older films really do it for me-- especially Charlie Chaplin. I could definitely watch his movies all day long and never get tired of it and never get tired of finding little moments of sweetness and humor in them!

9. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like watching films which reviewers label as trash. Recently I watched Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa. Fine it was about two months ago. But since then, I always watch the movie almost everyday and I don't get tired of watching it. Other movies which I can watch over and over are:

Ice Age.
    Matilda.
    The Sound of Music.
    Lord of The Rings: Return of The King.

10. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I love watching the Bourne trilogy, just a while ago it repeated two days in a row on TV and I still watched the whole thing the first day and went and caught the best scenes on the second day :)
    There are some scenes on those movies that ou have no choice but to just go crazy with excitement, plus it has my favorite car chase in any movie.

11. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love the Harry Potter series and I am just now watching them again. I can't recall how many times I've seen those movies, but I am never bored by watching them one more time. I don't know if this is some memory problem I have or if the movies are really that good... :D

12. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    What a tough question! I have several movies that never get old when I watch them. Off the top of my head, the first 2 Rush Hour movies always make me laugh when I watch them. Also, a lot of the older animated movies are fun to watch again. There's just too many good movies out there to be able to re watch them all.

13. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    The Blues Brothers with John Belushi. If a person loves rock'n roll, old school r&b, and the blues, it is worth checking out. There are also some subtle moments that today's comedy is missing. Get the director's cut, if possible.

I would only recommend seeing the sequel if a person has nothing else to do that day. Though I'm sure John Goodman had good intentions, some things should be left alone. Or if you're a serious music head, just fast forward to the all-star jam session in the last hour.

14. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Lol, there are some movies that I love to watch over and over for some reason that I don't seem to get tired of like a movie called "About Shmidt" with Jack Nicholson. It's about a guy who's going through changes in his life with the sudden loss of his wife and with the engagement of his daughter to a guy he doesn't like. He drives across country to try and stop the wedding. The movie is just very funny and I don't seem to get tired of it.

15. silentrascal

silentrascalNew Member

Threads:
    There are actually quite a few films that I enjoy and find that I could watch over and over again. One such film is "Dances With Wolves". It has a phenomenal soundtrack and a incredible story, full of brilliant acting performances. I love the combination of story, score, and the historicity of the plot. Another film that I could watch many times without getting tired of it is 1982's "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan". Even to this day, I'd say a very large number (if not most) of those who enjoy Star Trek films believe this to be the best one of the entire series. The exciting space battles, the cat-and-mouse chases, and the back and forth mind games between the main characters - it just never gets old. And of the more recent films, I really enjoy "The Dark Knight Rises", which is the third and final entry in the Christopher Nolan-directed series of Batman films. I love the overall story, and as someone who was somewhat familiar with the "Bane breaks Batman" storyline from the comics, to see that played out in the film was just amazing. I never tire of the action in this film, or of Tom Hardy's performance as Bane. Though some people may find the film a bit muddled in plot or overly long, it keeps my eyes riveted to the screen from beginning to end.

16. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I never get tired of Jurassic Park or Jaws! I guess I like to see monsters eating people haha. I also like the "special effects" in each movie. For the time period that they each came out, they were both ahead of their time. Jaws will celebrate 40 years in 2015 and I am holding out hope that they bring it to theatres again. Jurassic Park 4 is also coming out next year as well as a new Star Wars so it should be a good year for the theatres!

17. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I do not think that I will ever get tired of watching coming to America. I grew up watching this movie. There was a point in time that I would watch coming to America every single day. I knew the entire script word for word. I watched this so much that my VHS tape would no longer work. When it stopped working I could not watch this movie anymore. Eventually the digital age came in and I found this movie online. You best believe that I got to it and did not take my eyes off of it for long time. I love the humor and I love the acting. I also think that the story was great. I think that it was a amazing production for the time. And this is one movie I will pass on from generation to generation. I'll never get tired of watching this great and amazing movie

18. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    Here are a few of the movies I never tire of: Forrest Gump, Notebook, Cold Mountain, Legends of the Fall. There are a lot more, I can watch these over and over again. I can also read some books more than once, one of the books is Rose Madder by Stephen King.

19. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have a few of these but the one I always remember is The Incredibles. I really like that movie and I thought it was very well rounded and well structured, so I never tire of watching it. I must have already watched that movie at least 10 times by now, and I still feel like I can watch it again someday soon, and I'm not even the type to re-watch many of my favorite movies but this is one of the few exceptions. It's also why I'm hoping for a sequel, but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen, unfortunately, but it's okay since the one that's out is already very solid.

20. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Captain America. It's just such a good story! Although saying that I did turn off a supercut of all the movies last night that puts all the movies in chronological order within the universe. So you get a little bit of Thor, and then all of Captain America, and then it swaps between the others scene by scene.