What films have made you cry?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by sarz • Mar 6, 2014.

1. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    Even those of us who don't like to admit it all love a good tearjerker every now and then. Or perhaps one caught you by suprise. Then there are those that simply get you everytime the titanics of tearjerkers.

Perhaps the movie was so funny it made you cry?

Beaches is a classic tearjerker its my gets me everytime
    I was caught by suprise and embarassed to cry at Up but anyone who has seen it cant deny its sad at the beginning.
    When I was younger a strange one was short circuit when I thought the robot was dead :)

The blind side, colour purple, precious, philadelphia.

Please share yours

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No film has ever made me cry. But there are a couple of movies that had me on the verge of tears. Here is a list of movies that you should watch if you want to cry:

-My Sassy Girl (Korean)
    -I Am Sam (US)
    -Always Only You (Korean)
    -Secret (Taiwanese)
    -Windstruck (Korean)
    -5 Centimeters per Second (Japanese animation)

These movies are certified to tug at your heartstrings.

3. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely cry watching a movie, maybe I get teary eyes but never to the extent of crying it out. I'm sure there has been movies that made me feel sad but I don't remember many. Most memorable for me I think was Cast Away and Forrest Gump.

4. IndianapolisJones

IndianapolisJonesNew Member

Threads:
    Up always gets me, the opening scenes and the ending are the most emotional for me.

But a heartwrenching film that is phenomenal and that I absolutely love is The Pursuit of Happyness. If you don't at least feel heavy in your stomach when you're watching this movie, there are bigger problems you have to address like lack of a heart. Will Smith did a fantastic job in this movie, and to think that this is based on a true story is truly amazing.

5. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I know this is cliche, but I can't leave this thread without mentioning that I cried during Titanic. I find the movie brilliant and it hit me so hard (and I also find Leonardo DiCaprio extremely sexy).

Another film that I didn't exactly cry from, but I was sort of teary-eyed from was Toy Story 3. I didn't expect that I would cry and I was trying to hold my tears in. I'm not used to showing people the soft side of me.

I don't often cry in films, but these two hit me too hard!

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually don't cry at movies, but recently I am more sensitive, don't ask me why... :) So watching 50-50 and the Descendants (pretty regular movies right?) for the second time I noticed myself with some tears in my eyes, pretty lame lol! :)

7. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I cried at 50/50 aswell. I haven't seen the Descendents but I will watch it and probably cry to that too.
    I don't know why either because I'm not soft or wet in everyday life. It's an odd one, as long as noone sees me doing it which they usually don't I don't mind. :) Then you have them friends that don't help matters who blub first or with you. Thats when look at each other and go "were a right pair of saddo's" and we laugh instead.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No movie has ever made me cry. I've had a lot of talk that movies can move you tears but I don't think that that can ever happen to me. It doesn't mean that I won't feel a little sad if my favorite character suffers in the hands of the antagonists but since I write stories, in the back of my mind there's that little voice telling me what I'm watching is not real.

9. JuLovo

JuLovoNew Member

Threads:
    Crying because of laughter; I can't remember any movies lately that made me laugh that hard. But back in the day, I'd be tearing up because of Rush Hour, Shanghai Noon, Bruce Almighty, some Eddie Murphy movies I can't remember..

As for sad tears, who doesn't love a good tearjerker once in a while? ;-P A movie I watched sometime ago was 200 Pounds Beauty (Korean). I could've been especially emotional that day, but I don't remember when I wasn't crying throughout the movie. I cried out of sadness, cried from pure joy -- so many tears for different feelings. Those Korean movies know how to get at your tear ducts..

A movie I remember tearing up while I was young: Artificial Intelligence. A couple adopts a robot boy because of something, something to their bio daughter who returns eventually. The boy was played by Haley Joel Osment. That ending broke my heart.
    Ah, and mentioning Cast Away! Can never forget that heart-wrenching end of losing his only friend. Still can't watch that movie in fear of my feels. Then there's Up.. oh, man.

10. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I rarely cry from watching a film but when Marley and Me came out on DVD I watched it with my family and however hard I tried I could not keep the tears in. My mum knew I was desperately trying not to cry and trying to hide the fact that I was. I wasn't the only one crying though. The only other film I remember crying at was Hachi, for some reason they were both dog films and I don't generally like animal films.

11. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I think movies make you cry when you see the protagonist (or maybe the antagonist, like in Nolan's BATMAN-movies) is 'fated' to some unfortunate circumstance which could be turned fortunate if people only cared enough about others. And pretty-much ANY movie can cause you to see that situation (whether in the movie itself or somewhere else in your memory).

Some movies that come to mind: TERMINATOR: SALVATION (and pretty-much the whole TERMINATOR-series, comin` at you with the idea that your fate is pre-determined AND -is the one you are free to choose ... brings up the same idea in Twelve Monkeys & possibly every other movie that involves time-travel), The Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, maybe some of the Adam Sandler/Drew Barrymore movies (I know there are only one-or-three, but such classics!)

There are a ton of others, but I prefer to remember them one-at-a-time (or something :rolleyes: )

i am sam - I know; the 'retard'-situation is pretty-sad like that.

Forrest Gump - another classic 'retard'-situation

12. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Pursuit of Happiness is one of the film that made me cry just when I watch a father struggling for better future for his son. The scene where he tricked his son about the time machine and that they go inside a public rest room just to sleep because they don't have a place to go.

13. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    I very rarely cry during movies but I must admit A Walk To Remember did make me shed a tear! haha. Such a great movie, so sad though.

14. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    One of the biggest tear jerkers for me would be Pursuit of Happyness. Amazing book for sure. When the movie came out though, all of that passion I had imagined while reading was able to come to life through Will Smith's amazing performance. I love how it truly is an underdog story that tracks his story from one extreme to the other. Speaking of Will Smith, Seven Pounds definitely made me cry also... It's worth it to see these movies more than once though. Both movies are well worth the tears that come..

15. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    I believe that the Passion of the Christ is the only film that has ever brought tears to my eyes. It simply felt just so real and I really couldn't hold it together. It probably didn't help that the whole theater was also crying! I don't watch that movie much any more, just too graphic and gut-wrenching for my tastes.

16. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    There have been a few, but my number one tear jerk-er is Steal Magnolias. I didn't actually care for it when if first came out, I was just a kid, but my mother loved it and I did cry when Shelby died and Sally Field started venting. But the real reason it makes me cry is because it reminds me of my mother. It was her very favorite movie and I wish I would have appreciated it with her before she passed away. Because we didn't have a funeral for her, she was cremated, when that was happening I got dressed up and while my mother was...well...during...I sat there with my husband dressed up and watched Steal Magnolias, and I cried and I laughed, and I cried. I haven't watched it since, but it's been a long time now and I think I will watch it again soon, and remember how much it made my mother happy. She was a hair dresser so she related to it in a lot of ways.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't cried while watching a movie in a long time. I do remember crying in the moviehouse when I was a kid watching Titanic with my friends.

18. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't cried during movie viewings very often at all. Most of the time, I'll end up sad or a little depressed after watching a dramatic and emotional movie. But ok I will admit that I was one of them who cried when I watched Titanic back in the late 90's. I was about 11 when I cried because it was truly a touching story between Rose and Jack from beginning to end. Passion of the Christ was way too violently graphic and I was not prepared for it, so I ended up crying to see the depiction of Jesus' demise. Set It Off was another movie that had me dripping a few tears. The ending is really powerful and hard hitting seeing four friends that were like sisters that went through adversity and struggled to beat the system, getting taken out one by one.

19. Qualitycontent

QualitycontentMember

Threads:
    One of the movies that made me cry was "I Robot." What touched me is when the robot said, "When you love someone, don't you have to do what they say." It reminded me of an incident in my life, when I was asked to do something for a dying relative. I felt like I had to do what he requested.

20. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I actually have a good chunk of movies that made me cry. I'm a sucker for the sappy movies. I won't remember every single movie that made cry, but those that come to mind include the following:

Frozen
    Titanic
    Bride & Prejudice
    Anastasia
    Toy Story 3
    Dumbo
    Pinocchio
    The Odd Life of Timothy Green

And the list can go on, there are just too many (and yes, I am a Disney lover! :rolleyes: