What Food Are You Ashamed That You Buy & Eat?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by JoanMcWench • Jul 25, 2015.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    If you're unsure of what I'm referring to I mean the thing that you buy at the grocery store but make it a point to eat in the car or hide because you know you sure should not be eating that thing. Or when you go to the convience store & buy a hot dog when you know it's been rolling there for hours before you purchased it.

I would say mine would have to be McDonald's. I am so ashamed if I end up going there after chastising my children or telling my guy 'that's the worst'. Every once in, maybe, a year I like to get their Fish Filet. I know I could make my own & it would be ten times better but I think it's more a nostalgia thing.

2. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    McDonalds for sure.
    I also really like pork rinds.
    BEER is probably my biggest sin too, I just love craft beer!

3. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Hmmm, I'm not sure there really is any food that I'm embarrassed to buy. I buy a bit of 'junk food' every now and then, but I think it's all good in moderation. Maybe I'm just shameless :)

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Little Debbie oatmeal cream pies. Always. I feel so guilty about it, I have to hide them in my underwear drawer. Which is probably counterintuitive because then I’m more tempted to eat them when I see them. Ah, well. Also the occasional box of Cheez-Its, especially if they’re the white cheddar ones.

5. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Probably Cheetos in Jalapeño flavor. Ahhh, it is quite addicting that I can finish a whole bag myself lol. I try to refrain from eating it though as it is very evil delicious. And once you start, you just cannot stop! Now I am thinking about it!

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hehe that makes two of us, JessiFox LOL I guess I just love food too much to care what everyone else thinks of my choices. I walk into Macdonalds and walk right out without feeling the slightest guilt. Sometimes I also treat myself to some fish and chips, and no, no shame there whatsoever! All I can think about is stuffing my face on the stuff LOL

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a doughnut fan and they are probably one of the worst foods you can eat loaded with transfats, calories and carbs. There is something just so satisfying about them though that I find that they are the foods that I get the biggest kick out of eating. I know there is such a think as healthy doughnuts...but the few I have seen online are quite expensive. Making them at home is probably not better than the processed kind. I guess I will keep looking for healthier, cheaper versions of doughnuts.

8. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Like @JessiFox@JessiFox and @Lushlala@Lushlala, apparently I have no shame. I did cringe myself though, when I bought at scarfed down a bag (not a huge one, but a bag, nonetheless) of crunchy cheetos. I only eat them about once every year, though, so I'm o.k. with that.

Here's my latest bad addiction: however, they ARE 'fun size', so I can fully justify it.

Attached Files:

9. dandeliion

dandeliionMember

Threads:
    Taco Bell. It's really only embarrassing because I go there maybe on e every two months by when I do, I end up spending $20 on myself alone which is really sad! Haha. Also, the diablo burger from Carl's junior. It is insanely good but over a thousand calories for just the burger!! Insane.

10. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I sometimes feel embarrassed whenever I would buy ice cream - I usually get 3 half gallons because of the different flavors. Over here, ice cream is mostly bought only on occasions like birthdays. But the 3 cans can earn some stares from the poor people in the cashier line. Maybe they want some, hahahaaa.

11. lalacrazy

lalacrazyNew Member

Threads:
    White powdered donuts. I went through an entire bag in a day, it was embarrassing. It's like once you eat one you cannot stop eating. It does not help that they are incredibly cheap. My local grocery store has them on sale for 2 bags for $2.50, which makes it really hard to not buy them!

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Diane, don't you just like fun sized naughty foods?! I LOVE them, because you can scoff away without feeling too guilty. I think food companies should extend these right across all they "naughty" foods and snacks because I'm fairly certain you'll soon see a lot of ladies getting those instead of the regular sized ones. Sometimes I want to get a chocolate bar, but have to forego it because I know I'll eat it all in one sitting. Sometimes I just want a little nibble to take off the edge. if I buy a whole bag of the fun sized chocolate bars, chances are I'll eat more than the equivalent of a regular bar LOL We can't win hehe

13. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really have any hidden foods scenario in my life. I have always been very conscious about eating healthy. In fact, I regard food as medicine, and also as preventative medicine. I've been a vegetarian for almost 20 years, and there is no kind of food that I have to eat secretly because it's bad for me. I think it's a really good question that you are raising in this thread that brings awareness to those who put bad things into their bodies on a regular basis.

14. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Haha @Lushlala@Lushlala , for some reason, I usually can stop at just one. I've been known to have candy and treats all over the house just sitting there for when friends come over. If I had treats in the house when I was with the ex, he would eat them all, and he's diabetic. I usually just need a taste, as you said, and occasionally, I'll go back for a second, but I let some time pass first, for the treat to hit the stomach, before I decide on seconds. I think it would be a good idea to have everything in miniature sizes, that way we can also satisfy more than one craving at a time.

15. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Hahaha no kidding! I love food too, I've always been a big foodie...I eat a lot of healthy foods, and stay active too...why feel bad about balancing it out a bit? ;) Shameless and happy lol

16. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Not really ashamed for this but perhaps obsessed. I love Fritos and like to buy the big bag with the purpose to snacking all week long, but as soon as I leave the store, I open the bag to eat them out of control.

When I get home, Fritos are history, hahaha

#16Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  17. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Ramen noodles - They're fried, processed rancid noodles that have been sitting on a store shelf for lord knows how long, and the seasoning packet that comes with it is just straight up MSG and salt. I can't get the taste out of my mouth for several hours after eating these. But strangely, every once in a while I have a craving for them.

McDonalds/Burger King/Fast food in general - If I do leave for lunch and get any fast food like this, I especially make sure to only eat it in my car and not bring it back to work with me for others to see (and smell). I'm a bit overweight already, so the last thing I want to hear is some sanctimonious lecture or backhanded remarks from some of my health nut co-workers. Although I have another issue with fast food joints - every time I pull off into some parking spot to eat my stuff, someone *always* pulls up next to me and just sits in their car the whole time I'm eating, creeping me out. I'm not kidding, lol. I can be parked at the farthest spot in the lot, and there can be a hundred other spots open, but they always pull up next to me.

18. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to forget about ramen because I only eat it once a year, if even that. Unless you count the pricier stuff at noodle houses, which is delicious, but it just doesn’t hold the same nostalgia value as a package of good ol’ Top Ramen. Haha. I’m pretty sure nostalgia is where my random cravings for that stuff stem from. I can’t think of any other explanation.

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess my particular embarrassing food is Hamburger Helper Cheesy Hashbrown. It's the only Helper that I like and once you cook it, you end up with a pan of crispy hash browns, seasoned ground beef and cheese.
    They discontinued it for a while and people got really upset, so they brought it back.

20. sazzydan

sazzydanMember

Threads:
    ANY junk food for me!

I am trying to tone up but sometimes just cannot help myself and buy a nice burger haha!

I know they are bad for you, but it is nice to treat yourself just once in a while, after all, it makes you feel better to have a treat!