What food do you bring to the cinema?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by lindbergh • Nov 16, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I go to the movies, I always have some food with me. I find it better to watch a movie while eating something. I usually have popcorn Texan Barbecue flavor and some root beer float. My girl loves to bring some potato chips and lemonade with her. What about you?

2. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    hahaha. ive only brought food a couple of times.

Once i brought a double cheeseburger from mcdonalds. Another time i brough in popcorn chicken from kfc.

Other than that we usually get popcorn from the concession stands

3. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I had brought food once to the movie theatre. I don't usually buy food or drink to the theater because most of the movie theaters in my ares don't allow people to bring food. I don't buy food or drink at the cinema because it's expensive, unless I'm absolutely hungry or thirsty, which it doesn't happen often.

4. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    While I like to get popcorn and ice creams from the movies stands, when I know that I need to eat something more I like to take with me a single ham sandwich and a Coca Cola can.

This is the only I need to eat at the cinema ;)

5. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    mainly i love to bring chipps and pizza on to theaters while watching movies

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually bring junk foods and softdrinks to the moviehouse, since they're the easiest ones to eat.

7. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I usually bring chips or candy and a drink. I have brought in a sandwich from McDonald's before, but I don't do that very often.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Usually the usual - popcorn, soda, maybe some chocolate snacks. However as lately I have not been drinking soda, so I most likely turn to juice, water, or a Starbucks drink if I can sneak it inside!

9. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I am a standard sweet popcorn kind of person! I don't go to the cinema without it. Also, I cannot stand salted popcorn, the thought of it makes my toes curl.

10. margarito

margaritoMember

Threads:
    Basically, I'm a Gourmet! I also love being called so. I usually eat any kind of food irrespective of the situation and place. I generally buy potato chips and a diet coke from the stalls within the theater premises. I should be satisfied with these because in our areas food from outside is not allowed into the cinema hall. If I'm given a chance to carry food along with me from outside I would rather prefer chicken popcorn, which stands out to be my all time favorite, in combo with diet coke.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love potato chips, I'd eat it even when watching movies at home, and if it's available in whichever cinema I'm watching in, I'd buy that too. Nachos are a close second, if there is a good nacho places with good toppings nearby, I'd go for that too.

12. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I always always ALWAYS bring food with me when I go to the theater. I am quite sure the theater frowns upon it but I feel like I am being beaten in the wallet every time I want something from the concession stand. It's crazy nonsense now. I buy a drink if that makes the sin of smuggling in food any better. I also love to bring in fruits and veggies which they don't sell at the stands. However, I am not so sure that will stand up in a court of law.

13. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    Once I brought a bag of popped popcorn with me. Usually, i follow the rules and don't bring anything with me. When I have extra money, I like to buy popcorn, corn dog, curly fries, pizza, or candy from the concession stand. But that's rare. They really charge way too much for their food. Hmmh... but now that I know so many of you bring your own food, I may do it more often. ;D

14. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    I can't help but buy the cinema food. I always end up spending so much money when I'm there but I just get in the movie mood and I rarely go so what's the harm in splurging once in a while. I have even taken in fast food that I have just picked up like Mcdonalds and KFC. They taste so much better when you're all snuggling and cosy watching a film.

15. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    None, because I hate people that have to ruin the movie for others with their dumb crunching noises.

16. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I used to buy food at the theatrers all the time and it was so expensive (usually just popcorn and pop, would cost around $15) but now I take in treats from Tim Hortons and chocolate covered raisins (Glossettes) that's my movie snack. I know that I'm not supposed to bring food into the theatre from outside but I'm a student and I need to save money.

17. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    I saw someone say pizza?! how the heck do you get pizza into the theater cleanly?

18. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    But this is what makes the whole movie experience! A good film and good food. Don't you ever eat food whilst watching a film? If other people's dumb crunching noises bother you then why do you bother going to the cinema at all?

19. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I always take a huge bucket of popcorn to the movies, I love it! Whether I go with my wife or just the kids I always buy popcorn and I am a non-stop eater until they are gone. Sure, possibly it's annoying to listen to the sound of me chewing, but they are the ones selling them right? :)