What fuels you to shop?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by rossonomous • Dec 12, 2013.

1. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Some people shop solely for necessities.
    Some people shop for luxuries.
    Some people shop for wants rather than needs.
    Some people Shop To fit in.

Personally, I shop and spend money because I have the money there to spend. I could save it up for the future, but I am a here and now person therefore I just buy what I want when I require it.

What reason do you shop for?

2. tspires2

tspires2Member

Threads:
    I shop for necessities first. However once those are met I enjoy shopping more for retail therapy. I like to go to the mall and see all of the newest styles and just keep up to date. Of course while I am there I tend to shop for wants. I do have a budgeted monthly allowance that supplies these wants rather than needs. But I find it very relaxing to just spend the night looking around and taking in the sites!

3. Banister

BanisterMember

Threads:
    I Almost always shop for necessities. You will never at any time find me browsing online just to look for deals if I have not planned for a shopping program. I stopped shopping to fit in the moment I DISCOVERED that i was spending so much for the wrong types of products.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My kids! That is my number on fuel for shopping. If I go to the store and see a cute outfit or a toy I know they will like I will get it no second thought lol. Or if I see something they need every time I go to any store I look around to see what I can find for my kids.

5. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    Inspirational outfits from others. I love bohemian styles, so I'm frequent on Instagram looking at those types of outfits which almost always provoke me to do a little shopping.

6. Treadlight

TreadlightMember

Threads:
    I shop for necessities before I shop for something I want. If I'm buying something I need and then see something I want.......I'll get it. But I'm not going to make a trip to a store just to get something I want.

7. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure if I am demanding wants or luxury. I think it's probably a case where there are the same thing. However, I definitely cannot imagine why anyone would shop solely for necessities. That is so boring and seems like something people would do if in a situation where they had no choice.

8. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Since I don't really earn too much I buy what I need. If I had more money I would buy my daughter more stuff and maybe a thing or two for me. I really don't shop for luxury even if I had money to do so , I much rather shop for clothing and home stuff on discount.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I shop only for necessities. I shop on sale items mostly. I buy what I need for I'm on a very tight budget, so I'm forced to be frugal. Even buying from fast food restaurants, I buy with a coupon so I can get a 2 for one deal. I window shop all the time hoping to find bargains like the one I found at Walmart a nice sandals the kind that I really wanted, for just $3!!! I scooped it up. Then again at Walmart I found the wallet I love to have in the color I wanted 2/$5! I just love when I find these sort of bargains for I save so much money on necessities!

10. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I shop for necessities the stuffs that I actually need are what top the priority on the scale of preference. Since my earnings are so limited I am not carried away with luxury goods even though they may look quite appealing most time. Once in a while when I have good savings I did buy a few luxury stuffs which were Sunglasses and Wrist watch. If you make big money well you probably will be able to afford luxury more often.

11. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think It could be for any number of reasons,but the basic needs are important-and things like food and shelter come to mind. Other times it could be such a great value that it would be hard to pass up-like when a item you wanted goes on sale-and you say to yourself I better get in on that deal. Sometimes just to stroke your ego you will buy something-maybe just to impress your girlfriend ?

12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I usually shop because I want that particular item if we're talking about luxuries. Necessities, obviously, can't be passed up, right? So all people will buy items they need. The ones that they don't need only depends on if they can afford it and how much they want it.