what gaming systems have you owned?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by TuRon Davis • Sep 9, 2014.

1. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I've have had a number of video gaming systems over the years. The very first one was an Atari 7800. The second system I got was a Nintendo Entertainment System Next I got a Sega Master System. Out of all three of these, the NES was the best. The next generation was on to the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo. This was my most fun gaming. The graphics aren't that gray, but the games are very fun to play. Lastly, my final gaming system was a PlayStation 2. I no longer played video games after that era.

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I had no luck when I was little and only owned some cheap Nintendo clone. Then I grew up and found about emulation - it's then when I made a passion for Nintendo games and started collecting old consoles. Now I own pretty much all the retro consoles: starting from Atari and finishing with Nintendo, Sega. I buy them from the flea market cheap and most times in great condition. I also found plenty of games for those systems, some pretty rare. I don't own any of the new gen consoles.

3. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Atari :D, X Box, X Box360, PS1 - PS3 and the Nintendo Wii. I think I have probably owned way too many because I only really use the Nintendo Wii. My daughter uses the rest, so at least they don't go to waste. I buy them mainly these days because my daughter asks at Christmas. Thankfully she's growing out of them nowadays and seems to be more interested in books :).

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have PS3, Gamecube, N64 and Super Nintendo. I used to own the original Nintendo and PS2. I had a lot of games for the Nintendo...not sure why I gave it away. I sold the PS2 on Amazon.

5. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I have owned almost every Nintendo system. From the NES up until the Gamecube where I started to get disappointed in the amount of quality games on Nintendo consoles. After that I got a psp for a while since I didn't have much money to buy a ps3. Then I saved up, got a PS3 and eventually a PS Vita. Those are pretty much all the sustems I've had, I have plans to buy a PS3 a 3DS and eventually a Wii U though, I'm just waiting for the prices to drop and, in the PS4s case for more games to come out.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I currently own an Xbox, Xbox 360, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS Lite, Dreamcast, and I formerly owned a Gameboy Advanced SP. I still play some Gameboy games on my DS and PS1 games on my PS2. I love all of my consoles. I collect games and consoles.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I also have kind of stopped with the Playstation 2 and before that I had a Sega Genesis. It's because I'm not really that much of a gamer anyway and would much rather spend my time on other hobbies. They still are pretty fun though and I did get to finish a good number of games on those systems and I got to be good at some of them as well. I still play modern versions of some of the games I've come to love but I usually do so at a friend's or relative's house who has a modern console.

8. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    The first system I had was a Sega Genesis. I loved Sonic when I was a kid. I also had an N64 but didn't use it as much because I had a Gameboy Color and played Pokemon much more. I also had a Gamecube, which is the console I definitely used the most, and a PS2, but didn't have many games for it. The latest console I have is a Wii U now, but only have 2 games, but they are pretty good ones.

9. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I own the 3 versions of the Xbox, the Playstation 1, 3 and 4 (I never got the PS2) a Nintendo GameCube, DS and 3DS and finally my good old PC. I'm actually planning on buying the new 3DS once it gets in the market.

10. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I only have one game console today. I have a PS4 at the moment. I do have the previous consoles but I gave them away to cousins and nephews once the new once arrived.

11. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I use to have playstation 2, my brother took it and gave me xbox. i currently have xbox whihc was given to me by my brother. We use to dance together infront of this and now his too busy doing his work.

12. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    I have owned and still own a lot of the mainstream gaming systems, although some of them are very flaky in performance now. In storage I have a few Ataris, NES, SNES, Sega Master, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, Game Cube and a PS. At home currently I've got a PS2 and 3, as well as an Xbox and 360. I had a Wii and Dreamcast but no longer.
    There's nothing like sitting down in front of one of those old systems with today's kids and showing them that we actually spent hours playing these games. The looks on their faces is incredible.

13. TheKid

TheKidNew Member

Threads:
    I started with Playstation 2 and then moved my way to the Xbox 360, I still do most of my gaming on the Xbox though but I am looking to buy a Playstation 4. Oh, and a pc of course.

14. enell

enellMember

Threads:
    Oh my friend! That's a lot of game consoles that you've had! I started with the same game system you had first, which is the Atari 7800, and I had that for a pretty long time, till I put my hands on Sega Master System. I remember the crazy moments I had it with this one and how I even fixed it many times with my own hands whenever something wrong goes with it. The next system was PlayStation 1, the present that got me staying awake almost for 72 hours straight of playing and playing! I had PS1 for almost 4 years and in this 4 years I fixed it many times and also had to buy a new one! Then on 2004, I bought PS2 which Ironically, still have it till this day, even tho now I'm using Xbox 360 and PS4, and I have Wii for my little sister too!! That's a journey of game systems that will never ever stop as long as the companies are still making new products!

15. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I owned a PS2 and a PSP as a kid. As I grew up I stopped playing on consoles, and starting using PCs as both my work station and gaming platform, effectively saving some money. In my opinion I feel that the PC is more than capable of playing any games nowadays, with specs equal to or superior to modern game consoles. In fact while most gaming PCs have no trouble with 60 fps many consoles are still capped at 30 fps...

16. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    We literally own pretty much most if not all of the old school consoles that set the path for the newer generation. We first played the classic Atari because it is what my parents use to game on. From there we went to the Sega Genesis with Sonic and Mortal Kombat. Then we went onto Nintendo and even the Super Nintendo. We even owned a Dreamcast and a Nintendo 64 before all of our friends. Now, I still buy games for my PlayStation 2 because there are still a lot of games I never played before. We use to have a Xbox 360 but it died fairly quick during the string of instant deaths by red ring of death.

17. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I've owned a number of video gaming consoles myself. I still remember the day I got my first console and this was back in the mid-90's. It was the Super Nintendo, which my dad had bought me. My cousins and I use to game on it endlessly, playing some of the most fun games like Super Mario Kart, Super Mario World and Super Double Dragon. The next few consoles were Nintendo 64, Playstation 2 and then Xbox 360. To be honest, even though the graphics and game play have vastly evolved in gaming technology, I've never had the most fun playing games like I did when it was on Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64. Right now, I'm contemplating purchasing the Xbox One, but I'm not too certain about it.

18. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Game consoles I have owned since I was a child are: Nintendo, Super Nintendo, SEGA Genesis, Gameboy, GameGear, Playstation, NES 64, Dreamcast, Xbox, Gamecube, Wii, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PS4, and Xbox One.

I have enjoyed playing games on all of these systems, and hope to one day maybe invest in creation of one myself. However, I still regard PC gaming as the best overall, because the modding one can do on PC games gives far more value to them than any console game - of course, people of Gamestop and other similar businesses disagree with me.

19. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    I had a Family computer, PS1, PS2, Gameboy, Gameboy Advanced, 3DS. Hmm. My brother and I are avid gamers. We also have PC gaming systems, but we only have a laptop as a setup. Right now though, my brother and I are playing mostly PC games. Though I am tempted to get a PS4 in the future.