What Headphones / Earphones Do You Use?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • Dec 18, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm planning on getting some headphones sometime soon, and I was wondering if any of you guys might have had a good experience with any that you have used in the past or are using currently. I'm not really too picky with the sound quality, but I'd still like something that sounds good and is built well, so I'd say I'm mostly looking towards mid-range when it comes to brand / quality or price. It would also be great if they looked nice and sleek as well and non-generic. I mostly just want to hear about your experiences with your particular pieces though, so even if you don't have much of an idea on the objective specs of it or how it compares to other ones please do still feel free to leave your comments here. :)

2. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I use the bluetooth headphone that connects to my phone, which is the Sony MW1 bluetooth headphone. It's great because I'm able to see who calls me and what music I listen to on the LCD screen on the bluetooth headphone. The good thing about this gadget is that I'm able to change to any 3.5 mm headphone, which I can use my IPhone headphone and still has a great sound quality. It's quite a perfect match for those who make a lot of phone calls and don't want to use the wired headphone all the time.

3. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I am a big fan of headphones that come from this brand - Jaybird.

They have really good bluetooth technology and the sound quality is fantastic considering it's over bluetooth. If you can afford to splash out a little, I would take a look at these.

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Me and headphones have a messy relationship, no matter how hard I try and take care of them they always end up breaking. I tend to stick with the kind that cover my whole ears, I used to be a fan of the earbud type ones, but it would take me ages every day to untangle the stupid things.

5. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer full ear cover too. When I listen to music I want to fully get involved with it and block everything else out.

Ultimately, it really depends on what kind you are looking for. Do you want in-ear or full cover?

6. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    Right now I'm using the Sony MDR-V6. Excellent headphones, great build quality and rather cheap for what you get. If you want good sound quality and affordable prices, try to look for Sennheiser, Sony, Audio-Technica or Beyerdinamic. Beats, Skullcandy and all that crap are overpriced and the sound quality is bad.

7. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm just using the standard earphone that came with my Galaxy Note 2. It's very reliable and it's good on the ears. It's very durable too. My only gripe is that I have lost two of the rubbers that are attached to the earpieces. This results to the earpiece no longer fitting my ear perfectly. I plan on purchasing a new earphone soon though. Probably right before the new year starts. :D

8. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    If I have money when I need headphones, I usually pick some Klipsch S-4s, usually around 60 bucks. They are on sale that for 30 bucks on Amazon if you're interested. If not, I pick up something cheap from a place like Marshalls or TJ Maxx.

9. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    I picked up a set of Beats Studio and also a pair of Solo HD's for next to nothing. While they sound good than a $10 pair of headphones, i can say they definitely don't offer as much quality as retail price would have you believe. They are also surprisingly flimsy, which was a turn off.

Like i said though, they do sound better than most cheap headphones so i use the heck out of them.

10. minda

mindaNew Member

Threads:
    I am using Philips O'neill and I must say that I have been using it for a long time now. I have gone through many earphones but none of them has lasted as long as this one. The sound is also great! I like the bass deep and the sound from my O'neill is deeper than what I've gotten from others. Perhaps you should check it out and give it a try. I've got it in blue. I don't know if they have other colors because only blue was available in the shop before.

11. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    All of the headphones I've bought were either skullcandy's or sony brand. The skullcandy's die within a year and usually around the time when you really want to use it. I will eventually invest in a good good pair of headphones and hope that it last beyond one year.

12. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I have a pair of mid-range Pioneer ones, I only wear them at my computer so they are fine, they're just some some casual music or movie listening, no need to super high quality.
    When I'm outside I just use the standard Apple ones, so far they haven't broken yet :)

13. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I use the Apple's handsfree earpiece for listening to music. Sometimes I also use it for watching Youtube videos if the environment is too noisy. The sound quality is surprisingly good when plugged into my computer.

14. shother

shotherMember

Threads:
    I am currently using the Logitech G-430 7.1 Gaming Headset. I am using headphones only for online games so this one is perfect for me. Sound quality is pretty good, I have no complaints.

15. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I would suggest that you go with the sennheiser brand. They have some absolutely amazing headphones. The sennheiser HD-202 heahphones were really amazing and then if you have more money, some of the higher range ones are pretty amazing and i think that you would absolutely love them. They are really good and make music listening awesome.

16. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    Over the holidays I was able to convince my parents to get me a pair of Audio Technica ATH M-50. I use headphones of great quality because I need them for monitoring recording sessions. Even if you're not looking for studio headphones though, I would still recommend these! They sound great and are relatively cheap for monitoring headphones. Mine were right around $100 and they are special editions as well. Audio technica makes great audio gear so I definitely recommend their brand!

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used Sony, Philips and a couple of other brands, and I would have to say that Sony is the most durable of all. I had a pair that lasted for 6 years with regular use, and it would have lasted longer if it wasn't destroyed intentionally.

18. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    I use a pair of Creative's EP-600 earphones. I got these for about eight bucks and are very good for their price. I am not much of an audiophile, so I do not spend too much on earphones. This pair of earphones cater to my needs very effectively.

19. Carles

CarlesMember

Threads:
    I've had my best experience with Sony headphones they lsted 3 years which is a long time for me. I've tried Skullcandy and they lasted about 3 months. I had Apple earbuds and they lasted about 6 months.