What improvements does the IPhone 6 bring when compared with the IPhone 5?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by prettycolors • Sep 11, 2014.

1. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    The lowest price I'm finding is £539 - not that cheap. So naturally, I'm wondering about the improvements this new IPhone generation brings, apart from a 6 instead of a 5. Personally, I feel like each new generation fails to deliver substantial improvements when compared to the last. Yes, they make them slimmer, they look better and feel great in your hand, but when putting everything together I start to think that people buy the new phone not because it's better but because it's cool and trendy to own the latest gadget.

2. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    iPhone - Cheap has never been the right word to describe it.

Also, in my opinion, since the iPhone 4, there hasn't really been big changes in the iPhones. In this generation especially, the looks have gone backwards and I think that the new 6 looks extremely ugly at the back and sides. The camera also sticks out at the back and wouldn't a lump in the top corner make the phone rock if you use it on a table.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Improvements? Well I can't really say improvements since most of the competing phone have done what the iPhone 6 has several years earlier, but on the iPhone 5 I guess the only one I can think of is the screen real estate. As for the other features, I think they're just fillers.

4. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Not much I would say. I mean, I've always liked the iPhone but I find myself being disappointed every time they release a new one, it seems like Apple is always very late to the party.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, the iPhone 6 is being released in two sizes - the 4.7 inch screen which hasn't gotten my attention, and the whopping 5.5 inch monster.

Adopting a 5.5 inch screen size for a phone has got to be one of the most radical changes that Apple has made to the iPhone line and it would be interesting to see how Apple would take advantage of the screen size and incorporate some additional features.

Again, I won't be getting an iPhone but it is interesting to note that Apple is taking chances this year.

6. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    The improvements are not significant, but they will be noticeable. By looking at the specs, you can almost guarantee that. I ma going to refrain from buying that though. I will wait for a price cut.