What is Best Baby Bottle For Your Baby?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by katharinemae • Jun 19, 2012.

1. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I have a 4 month old baby and i'm planning to buy baby bottles for his supplement formula. I want a bottle that will fit snugly to his mouth and prevent colic. I've searched the internet and I found this buzz about BPA, the National Institutes of Health concluded there were concerns about the effect of BPA on the brain, behavior, and reproductive system of fetuses, infants, and children at current exposures. I also found a list of interesting baby bottles that is BPA free, among the list are Avent, Evenflo, and Gerber. I can't decide on which bottle to buy because all of them claims that their brand is better. What Baby bottle are you using? What baby bottles do you think are the best?

2. deannatroupe

deannatroupeMember

Threads:
    Now that is an extremely loaded question. It truthfully depends on what you're the most comfortable using. I love the Playtex drop in system. You can do the whole bottle with one hand if necessary. The most challenging thing will be boiling the water.

3. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard about all of that. I started off by using the Playtex VentAire bottles. I registered for them and got them as a gift at my baby shower. They weren't the cheapest bottles ever but I did not like them at all. You have to attach both the top part and the bottom part of the bottle. It's supposed to help with less bubbles in the formula/ less gas for your baby. But after a few washes mine started leaking at the bottom. I couldn't use half of the nipples either as the holes were too small and my son would cry because he wasn't getting hardly any formula. He was fine if I used the fast flow ones. I then bought one of the $1 Gerber bottles from Target and they were TONS better than the Playtex ones. I was surprised. I got one at first to just have an additional bottle around. I wound up going back for more.

4. dhintaka

dhintakaMember

Threads:
    Personally, I am using Chicco Bottles. I find the bottles & nipples both are very good. Since the bottles have big mouths its easy to clean. Amongst the choice that you have listed I would prefer Avent. They are good. chicco.

5. Mama2three

Mama2threeMember

Threads:
    I think it depends on your baby. My daughter had to start daycare part time when she was 3 months old. It took us a month of trying 5-8 types of bottles before finding she'd take the Playtex nursery with a latex nipple. My first son never took a bottle, but I am now trying to find a bottle for my second son to take next week when I will be away from him one day. So I first bought a Playtex nurser since it was what worked for daughter, and now he won't take it.

If I were you, I'd try to buy one of each bottle you listed and see which one your little one prefers.

6. polenksz

polenkszMember

Threads:
    BPA is a chemical found in most plastics, that leech whenever reheated. Most baby bottles now are BPA free. Avent is a good brand, plus they are very worth it because they can go for years without being broken. All you have to do is change the nipples from time to time.

7. amyfromky

amyfromkyNew Member

Threads:
    It really depends on your baby. Most, if not all baby bottles should be BPA free these days, but glass bottles will still be your safest option when it comes to chemicals being released into the milk. We just use the cheap Evenflo glass bottles with the silicone sleeves. My daughter only takes a bottle once every month or so, but she has done great with these bottles. My advice would be to ask a few friends if they have a bottle you can try out before you actually buy a specific brand. For example, my daughter did horribly with the Tommee Tippee bottles, but they are a highly recommended bottle. It is just all about baby's persona preference.

8. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends on what your baby likes. Some babies don't like wide neck bottles, some can't stand regular sized bottles. Most plastic bottles are now BPA free, but just to be sure check the labels. If you can afford glass bottles, that's better. But if you can't you have several options. My son uses Avent and Gerber bottles. He's not really that picky with the size of the bottle nor the shape of the teats.

9. Albertharris

AlbertharrisNew Member

Threads:
    I think every mother should use the Nuk Bottle for your child because this is plastic bottle and it is light-weight, strong, and unbreakable than the glass bottle. Its original price is very reasonable than glass bottles.

10. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I like the Dr. Brown's bottles. My baby had problems with spitting up and gas. I switched to Dr. Brown bottles and my baby is doing so much better. The Dr. Brown bottles are great for reducing colic, spitting up, etc. The only con I have about the Dr. Brown bottles is that they have a lot of parts to clean. However; I don't mind washing the extra parts if it means my baby is going to be happier.

11. Katewon1

Katewon1Member

Threads:
    It really is all about personal preference, but these were the only ones my daughter would take:

She was a breastfed baby and I think the natural shape helped her.

12. Tribie

TribieMember

Threads:
    Among those brands the Gerber bottles lasted the longest. They were too durable that my 2nd baby was still able to use his brothers bottles from 10 years ago. My kids are 10 years apart :)