What is Everyone Growing?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by steph84 • May 16, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I was just tending to my garden and can't wait for my bell peppers to start growing. Right now I have a lot of strawberries, bananas, avocados and oranges. What is everyone else growing? I just love my Fresh Produce! I wish I knew what other people in my neighborhood was growing so I could swap.

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have had to really scale back on my gardening this year due to back problems. I have several herbs on my kitchen window sill. I will have a salad garden grown in two large containers with cherry tomatoes, carrots, two types of lettuce, radishes and cucumbers. Your garden sounds like it will be a good one!

3. chassitymiller

chassitymillerNew Member

Threads:
    I am relatively new to gardening. The past couple years I have been able to grow snap peas with great success. I have tried strawberries so many times and it fails constantly!! This year is my first real year having an actual backyard garden. I planted green beans, iceburg lettuce, bell peppers, and carrots. My snap peas are in a whiskey barrel on the porch. And this year in a window box, I am taking a stab at chives, basil and oregano. Wish me luck!!

4. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I've always wanted a garden but seem to have a black thumb. I am trying to grow a little pot of basil, but it doesn't seem to be growing. I want to try lettuce and spinach because I heard that they are easy and quick to produce. You have an avocado tree? Lucky you!

5. Andrea4

Andrea4Member

Threads:
    I'll have to keep an eye on this thread. I will be starting my first garden this year, and I'm not sure what I want to grow. I will do some veggies and I'll try to do some fruit, but I have limited space & time. I'll be looking for low maintenance plants.

6. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I have strawberries in planters on the front porch. I picked up the planters cheap at sams this year. I have peppers and tomatoes on the back deck. I also have an herb garden on the back deck. My main garden is at my in-laws in the country. We grow just about everything there. I am headed down this weekend to check on it. My husbands father loves to garden so he keeps and eye on it when we are not there. I am sure we will need to do some weeding and moving some stuff around. I am taking all the kids. I think they need to be involved with where their food comes from.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, I don't have a garden. I would love to have one. It's a bit difficult since I live in an apartment in a major urban area. I don't even have a kitchen window sill. There are a few urban gardens in the area. I should really look into getting a plot.

8. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    I would love to grow some vegetables! However, I have tried several times and I just don't think gardening is for me. I have failed miserably in planting vegetables. I think I'm only good at cooking them!

9. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    You have a good garden going there! Well done. Thus far, we have bananas growing, passion fruit, garlic, beets (still waiting on this one), herbs, wheatgrass and lemons. Apparently turnips grow really quickly and take little space.

10. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I wish I could garden. I'm just not that skilled, I kill everything. I do want to do a few tomato plants in some containers. Guess I should get on that lol.

11. ValerieAnne

ValerieAnneMember

Threads:
    Sadly I don't have a garden. I have strawberries growing on the front porch though - one of those strawberry growers. I would love to be able to grow herbs and other things though.

12. pizzaz007

pizzaz007New Member

Threads:
    I have not started gardening. I am going to shift in new home. There are some good fields nearby the new home. I want to spare a part for gardening. Programming to grow some vegetables.

13. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    Our garden is actually coming along quite nicely at the moment. We have a bunch of herbs growing in the greenhouse in the backyard (there's mint, basil, chives, lemongrass, oregeno, and some other). We also have peppers, cucumbers, Chinese long beans, lettuce and collards. At one side of the house we have some Chinese and white eggplants as well as pumpkin squash. And on the other side of the house we have some corn.

14. ValerieAnne

ValerieAnneMember

Threads:
    We now have tomatoes growing in the back of the house. I love tomatoes, so hopefully they actually look good LOL

15. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This year I have just a few items in the garden, tomatoes, green and yellow peppers and a squash. Not doing very good this year, I don't have time to work the garden.

16. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    I don't have my own garden but my landlords (they live upstairs from me) have one that I am allowed to pick from as long as I leave them some. Unfortunately the heat wave hasn't been too good for it and then when the storms came through many of their plants got destroyed. I have gotten a few good tomatoes and one cucumber though! And they were delicious.

17. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have as much this year because my pepper plants never took off! I planted the seeds, but none of them grew. I do have a few tomato plants, onions, garlic, strawberries and I planted some cucumbers again this year. I love the taste of fresh Jersey tomatoes, so every year I have to grow tomatoes!

18. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I planted my very first vegetable garden this year. I am growing corn, lettuce, cucumbers, watermelons, carrots and tomatoes. This has been a great experience and am already planning on where I am going to put my garden next year. I can't believe how incredibly easy it is to grow you own food...it saves money and is a great hobby

19. Magic Pixel

Magic PixelMember

Threads:
    We have lemons this years. Some of the attempts to grow vegetables ended in disaster this time around but we have lemons and tangerines. It's a pleasant sight. The flowers smell sweet as well. (I'm starting to sound like the lemon tree song.)

20. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Right now I'm only growing herbs. I have mint, chocolate mint, sage, basil, oregano, and chives. I'd love to grow vegetables but I don't have enough time or space this summer. Watering the little herb pots on my window sills is about all I have time to do. I do like growing things and I hope I can attempt a real garden next summer.