What Is The Best Broom You've Ever Used?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by ACSAPA • Jul 31, 2015.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm stuck buying a new broom because a phony friend borrowed a bunch of my household cleaning supplies and kept them for herself. My favorite broom was a Libman angle broom but now I see that OCedar makes an angle broom too and Casabella makes a broom that unscrews into 3 segments for easy storage.
    Have you tried any good brooms that you would recommend? Walmart has a $6 Mainstays broom and dustpan bundle but the reviews say that it sucks. A broom is one of those essentials that you don't think about until it gets lost or broken. I'd like to buy a good one so that I don't need one for a while.

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I need to replace mine, so I'll stay tuned, and see what people recommend. I have 2 right now, as well as a few smaller ones that I use for spot cleaning around the litter boxes. One of the ones I have is for outdoors, and I got it at the dollar store, so I didn't expect much, but it's held up, other than the top part that you can hang on a hook, fell off pretty quickly. I am definitely going to buy an angle broom, because those are the type I've found most useful. I also could use a large push broom for the driveway, so if anyone has a recommendation for that, I'm all ears.

3. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    The best broom I ever used was one of the old ones. You know, with the real straw bundle at the bottom and attached with a strong metal clip that isn't going anywhere, if you want it to or not

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As far as I'm concerned, a broom is a broom. I've purchased $5 brooms and $30 brooms without seeing much of a difference. Perhaps the $30 broom lasted a bit longer than the cheaper one, so I guess price makes a difference in that regard. Otherwise, I'd say go ahead and buy whatever broom you find that seems to feel good in the hand and like it would do a decent job of cleaning things up.

5. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite broom is the corner large angle by Ocedar,

I can see and feel differences among brooms and this is the only coming handy to my cleaning needs. Even though, this might be a biased opinion because I have always liked Ocedar products and most of my cleaning tools are this brand.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The funny thing is that I ended up buying this broom before I even read your post. I like that the ends of the bristles are softly frayed to catch fine particles and sand and the angled point is handy for getting into corners. I'll probably buy one of those stand up lobby dustpans because bending over to pick up a dustpan is my least favorite part of sweeping.

7. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I honestly don't like any broom at all. I have tried a bunch of them, but they always seem to leave a trail of dust behind. I much prefer a vacuum cleaner. A friend of mine had this really cool system where they would sweep all the dirt into a corner vent and they would turn them on and the vents would suck up the dirt. I suppose that system would be pretty expensive though.

8. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of brooms either. I use a vacuum that can handle carpet or non-carpeted areas. Then I use a swiffer. I do use reusable swiffer cloths (etsy) to save money from buying the commercial ones.

9. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    We do not have a vacuum so I also use a broom. I have used the traditional straw ones and the plastic ones. I like both. The traditional one can really sweep up dirt and hairs. It just cannot go into small spaces. The plastic ones are nice in sweeping into small places.

10. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like using the Vileda Oskar Angle Broom. It's great. Soft bristles and a side with foam which is great on hardwood floors. It's angles nicely so you can get into the corners too. It comes with a dust pan and sells for under $10. I've tried many other brooms and haven't found one I like as much as this one. It's well made and lasts a long time. I usually follow up with a swiffer as well. I think they are great for getting up pet hairs and dust. You can buy a large box of the Swiffer clothes at Costco fairly cheap.