What Is The Best Exercise Equipment To Have?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by dashboardc33 • Aug 18, 2015.

1. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I'm looking for the best piece of exercise equipment for the money. But it can only be one item, like a bike, a treadmill, an eliptical, etc. I don't have room for an entire workout bench or set. I just want to get in shape. I have 20 pounds to lose since I had my baby and I want to get there by the end of the year for sure. I have a treadmill right now and it's nice because it folds up, but it is really old so I definitely need an update. My limit is about $300-400 as well.

2. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    If you have $300 to spend on exercise equipment and you are going to throw it all on one item, you are really doing yourself a HUGE disservice... That's my two-cents.

If you don't know exactly what kind of exercises you should do, and you don't want to buy a gym membership, the best thing I can suggest is a Freeletics membership. Just Google it.
    Then, buy whatever you think you need.

You'll DEFINITELY save a lot of money, and PROBABLY get a lot more work done.

Makes sense? :)

3. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    My best pieces of exercise equipment are my bicycle (used on craigslist for $20), my kettle bell, and a set of resistance bands. If I was only going to get one thing, it would be the kettle bell, hands down. I love the short but high intensity workouts. It's easy to fit in a 30 minute session 3 times a week and it has helped me build a ton of muscle. I GAINED a few pounds of weight the first month as I put on muscle but lost inches even then. After that, weight just fell off (because extra muscle burns a lot of calories).

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    From my experience, a treadmill can make you collectively lose weight since you are running, so your arms and legs are also affected. I used to jog a lot before, and my face and stomach did become slimmer looking.

5. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    A kettlebell and a jump rope. They’ll be well under your budget, and these activities in combination should aid you in reaching your goal.

If you ever want to switch it up, you could also try something like a weighted hoop, and perhaps if your circumstances allow, find out if there are any inexpensive weekly exercise classes near you. I found one on the way home from my current workplace that equals out to about $3-4 a week, and I love it.

6. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    Well, I’m assuming that you would be doing your exercises at home since you just had your baby. That said, a treadmill is still the best option you have if you want to lose those extra pounds. However, if you want to complement the treadmill with other exercise equipment, I would suggest that you get kettle bells. They don’t look much but routines using the bells can be intensive.

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on your lifestyle. But for me, it's treadmill because I like doing cardio and it is most important component of physical fitness and has to be the first to be developed. So before you jump on to other exercises, you have to be really first doing well on cardio exercises and especially if you don't have time to go out, it's best if you can run at home, like for me. So I would go first for treadmill.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only workout equipment that I had were ergometric bicycles and treadmills. I had one or two each when I lived with my parents, however they all ended up going away because after a while nobody used them and they just occupied the space. Treadmills are particularly good to hang clothes!
    If I would choose now, I would probably buy a treadmill. But that is just because I like running, it's my favorite workout. If you like lifting weights, for example, it might be better to buy one of those multi functional weight machines.

9. Harlek

HarlekMember

Threads:
    $300? Well if you're looking for a great equipment then you're not going to find it but that's just my opinion. Maybe you can find a used one but it depends on what kind of equipment your looking for. If you're looking for a whole body workout equipment then you're not going to find one with that limit but if you're in it for a more targeted workout equipment, let's say an ab machine or something then you might find one on sale.

10. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    An elliptical machine is great for cardio and a far better way to get a workout in than a treadmill. It saves your knees from the beating they take when running and its just more effective at burning calories. A stationary bike or elliptical machine work different muscle groups than what a treadmill does by walking or running, both of which you can pretty easily. If a gym membership is out of the cards, I think an elliptical machine would get your the most bang for your buck.

11. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that some of the est exercise equipment to have is dumbbells and barbels. You can engage in a variety of different movements, in order to begin to shape various different areas of the body, and tone up with them. They are cheap, or easily made if you don't have the money to purchase them.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Personally, I've always wished I could have a punching bag, and I think that's the best exercise equipment, at least for me. Not only will it help with releasing some aggression but it's also good for an overall workout since you get a bit of cardio and you get to build muscles too for both upper and lower body. Also it's very flexible in the way you could change up your routine if it starts to become too repetitive.

13. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    Best think you could buy would be some free weights like an adjustable barbell along with two adjustable dumbbells. You can pretty much perform any exercise with those, and it will for sure give you better results than you can ever expect from just cardiovascular training. Anyway I don't know if you can get that with only 20 pounds, I think I've gotten my old set for about 30 pounds or even 35, the dumbbells were of 10kgs each and were adjustable, however I bought them second hand and only the barbell was new.

14. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    $ for $, I'd say a bike. It does so much for you that I can't imagine something else having that much value for that little of a price, and it doubles as transportation.

15. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I would go with a kettlebell for a good aerobic and strength training as well-and you can really burn some calories with these things. You can find a good workout online to get you started. I would go with some ankle-weights also because you could do leg lifts while wearing these and some other exercises-maybe get a bike as well to get you to the park and you can even use it to shop for groceries.