What is the best gift you have ever received from people you don't really know?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by whnuien • May 4, 2014.

1. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    My husband has only started working with his new employer when we were reaching our first year of marriage. Me and our young daughter met his boss once but never really had a conversation with him. I always encourage my husband to do the best with his job and not being like other employees who are often flattering their boss in order to get more attention. My husband really cares about his timing that he would feel bad if he came to work a few minutes late.

So 2 weeks before our first anniversary his boss (he's a male and have a very happy family too) gave a 2 days one night stay voucher at our number one favourite five stars hotel. We were so surprised and didn't know how to say thank you. It was the best gift we have ever received from someone all of us barely knew :)

Have you received anything like that from people you've only known for few months?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best gift I've gotten from someone I don't know that well is when a couple of people I know from Twitter chipped in to help me and my daughter when our electricity was about to get cut off due to nonpayment. It's nice that there are people willing to help someone going through a temporary setback.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was unaware that time that our local customs office charged us "taxes" for items over $50. So after I paid for the smartphone that I bought, I checked the phone and was surprised to see that it had a call duration of around 2 minutes. So I messaged the seller if he was the one who made the call and not our local post office employees, and he said yes, he made the calls to test the phone before shipping it. He then asked why it took me that long to get the phone, so I said I had to wait for the money to come in because I wasn't expecting to pay expensive taxes. He asked me how much it cost, and to my surprise, he told me he will refund half of what I paid for the taxes to my Paypal account. And he really refunded it. Of course I was pleasantly surprised and touched by that gesture. He's Chinese, by the way, but nowadays he seems only semi-active in Ebay.