What Is The Best Pencil Sharpener?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Tina122321 • Mar 4, 2016.

1. Tina122321

Tina122321Member

Threads:
    We homeschool, so we need to sharpen our pencils a lot. Our pencil sharpener broke and now we need a new one. I like electric ones that plug in but would also consider a manual. It needs to be quiet and not messy, it also needs to not break the pencil tips easily. How much did you pay for your pencil sharpener? Was it worth the cost? Has it lasted a long time? How much do you use it?

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I don't know much about brands of sharpeners and such. But I do have experience with both manual sharpeners and the electric or battery powered ones. I was actually surprised to find that the manual sharpeners can be faster and do a cleaner sharpen than the electric ones, and the electric ones can be a bit messier than they need to be

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Same as DreekLass, I don't know much about sharpeners to that extent. You seem to use very advanced ones, that I never even heard of! I tend to just pick up very basic ones from Pound shops or supermarkets, you know the manual, silver ones? I've had this particular one for years and have never had to replace it. I never even knew you could get plug in ones, technology has seriously moved on LOL I'm very happy with my basic one, so I've never had reason to look for alternatives.

4. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Personally I find the very cheap small ones are best. Those massive ones that you put on tables with a handle are just too awkward to operate, and I find the cut is not as smooth as from a smaller one. I don't have a very positive opinion of electric ones either.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't used an electric sharpener yet, but we have a sharpener that looks lie this:

and it has lasted for decades already since I remember that was the sharpener that I used when I was a kid. It sharpens pencils perfectly.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I am not particular about brands bit I find Nataraj sharpners really durable. They are manual ones.

What more; they come as a complimentary along with the pencil box.

7. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    If you don't mind emptying the container frequently, I suggest you purchase a small electrical sharpener which would go for around 12.00 dollars instead of the regular 20.00 for the bigger ones. They sharpen really good but I do suggest you purchase the better brand or ask around because it is a risky purchase for a pretty high amount of cash because some don't sharpen pencils well. The employees usually know about them because they sometimes use their own products in their job.

8. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I'd suggest a manual pencil sharpener as it's not as expensive as electrical ones but you do have to ask for the one that is best in quality to have a longer life span. I also think they are less noisy and saves energy compared to the electric ones that plug in.