What is the best pizza you've ever eaten?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Kam147 • Nov 5, 2012.

1. Kam147

Kam147Member

Threads:
    This is a question that I love to pose to food lovers because the answers are always widely varied and usually let me in on a few more good pizza joints. Being from Texas, I know I'm probably going to catch some flack from the Chicago, New York, and Philadelphia crowds, but I have found one place in Texas that makes AMAZING pizza - Campisi's Egyptian in Dallas, Texas - by far the best pizza I've ever eaten. How about you guys? Let me know!

2. toni_s

toni_sNew Member

Threads:
    I love pizza and will never get sick of it even if I eat it everyday! My in-laws are Italian and I have tried with them various pizza flavors in really good Italian restaurants here in Sydney. I love the simplicity of Pizza with prosciutto, tomatoes and rocket lettuce toppings! Black balsamic syrup can also be drizzled on top of it. The combination of the salty prosciutto, sweet tomatoes, peppery rocket lettuce and sweet and sour balsamic syrup is divine! Yummmy!!! Now, I am craving for it.

3. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    There are two issues on which the Argentines can talk for hours without ever agree: football and pizza. In the capital city there is a classic pizzeria that is a must for all those who want to eat a great pizza. Guerrin is one of the oldest pizzerias in Corrientes Avenue (a street like Broadway in New York) where is inevitable peaking queue to eat lots of pizza on the counter. The Super Guerrin is a delicacy loaded with mozzarella, ham, peppers and onions. The pizzas come out of this business with a perfect gratin. Undoubtedly, despite being a classic, this is one of the most delicious pizzas. :p

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I'm really not sure I could pinpoint the absolute best.

The main reason is because there are big differences between kinds of pizzas. For example, an amazing deep dish pizza with all the toppings is entirely different than a plain thin crust pie. Both could be amazing, but it's not fair to compare the two of them as one being the "best."

5. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    There are two pizza places that sell pizza of which I absolutely love! The first place is called "Cranky Pats". It is a local pizza joint in our city and I believe that they sell the best pizza. Their crust is really thin and they have a garlic sauce that they use instead of pizza sauce.

Another one of my favorite pizzas is "The Cowboy Pizza", which they sell at "Papa Murphy's". Papa Murphy's Pizza is a popular take and bake chain which they have in many different states. Their Cowboy pizza has sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, cheese and olives. It is one of my absolute favorite of all times!

6. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    The best pizza in my area comes from a place called Romeos. It is so good. It's a bit out of the way and kind of pricey but worth it. We also have a local place called Kraus. They do a good job and have really great prices. I think I just found what I'm having for dinner.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a tie for me. There was a place I used to go to while in college. It was called Angelo's Pizza in Milwaukee, WI. That was some seriously delicious pizza. The other place is Marcello's in San Francisco. They sold about 50 different styles of pizza. You can even order a special pizza with customized toppings. My mouth is watering thinking about these pizzas.

8. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    There's a pizza place here called 2/28, and their pizzas are just de-li-cious. I found the place a few years back and I order there every now and then. The slices are pretty big yet the crust is thin, they're not greasy at all, and the ingredients they use are very fresh (you can taste the freshness, lol). They're a little expensive, but worth eating for a special occasion or something.

9. Kam147

Kam147Member

Threads:
    Oh my gosh! I shouldn't be writing this and thinking about pizza 20 minutes after my run because it is making me REALLY hungry. Thanks to everyone who has posted so far, and I hope more people will see this thread and keep us salivating!

10. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I love Pizza. There have been 3 good pizza places I have been to. The first was Sicilia's Pizza on Commonwealth Ave in Boston. They had the best pizza in Boston. It was so thick and affordable too! The best pizza I have ever had in NY was a small place on Fordham Rd in the Bronx. You can't beat a tasty $.75 slice of pizza that was as huge as your head. So good and the garlic knots were awesome. I haven't had too much luck with good pizza in Los Angeles, but did have a tasty artichoke pizza at Granville in Burbank. Surprising that it was a chain.

11. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite is in my hometown. It's a little pizza place called Monical's Pizza. They have a few restaurants in the area, but there are not many of them out there. It's one of the few things I miss there. It's funny too because their best pizza is thin crust and I usually like the thick, pan crust the best, like the pizza in Chicago with thick crust and tons of cheese on top of the "toppings."

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a very "scrumptious" thread, but unfortunately, I'm from Asia, so I can't visit those places that have been mentioned. But I tend to prefer thick crust pizzas as compared to thin crust ones. The thin crust ones seem "light" on the stomach.

13. Kam147

Kam147Member

Threads:
    That is an interesting response, sidney. I love both thick and thin crust pizza, but I would encourage you (if you get a chance to visit Italy, Australia, USA - all 3 have excellent pizza cultures) to try more thin crust pizza, especially thin crust pizza from small, local restaurants. The reason the cooks in such places prefer thin crust is because they make excellent dough and usually offer a variety of fresh toppings that are intended to be "the stars of the show." Many times with pizza, simplicity is the key.