What is the cheapest time of year to buy stuff?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Ridge • Jun 28, 2014.

1. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    Everywhere you go it seems like things are being praised as being the cheapest of the year, or season, or whatever.

But what are the actual best time of year to buy things? I feel like most of us who have worked retail must know when some stuff is legitimately cheaper.

For example. TVs are usually cheapest in March or April roughly. This is when most stores switch out to the next years models. So there are usually great deals to be found on any of last year's stock that is still lying around, you can usually get an even better deal if you are okay with a floor model.

So, what else can we think of?

2. 7zer0z

7zer0zBanned

Threads:
    I never realized stuff was the cheapest in March/April. I'll remember that now because I have a few things that I want to replace but I could definitely wait until then because they are not at the top of my priorities.

3. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    The cheapest time of the year really depends on what you're buying. Lifehacker made this chart that does a good job of summing up the basics. xps3nes4y8dit8ja5lfv.
    Also, sale days like 4th of July and Labor Day are other great opportunities

4. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I've read somewhere that the cheapest times to buy is after Christmas, maybe in January or February when most of the stores are offering inventory sales to the public. Although I noticed that most malls, from where I am, have special sales every month. :confused:

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    January is a good time to buy Christmas items for next year as well as marked down clothes, pajamas, winter blankets and coats etc. You can also buy gift baskets of bath and body stuff to give as teacher or coworker gifts.