What is the favorite movie you've seen lately?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Thejamal • Jun 8, 2014.

1. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    It doesn't have to be a movie you've seen a movie theater, but what is your favorite, latest movie that you've seen?

For me, I recently just went and saw Edge of Tomorrow. I'd been looking forward to this movie for awhile and it didn't disappoint. Unique plot and a very good action movie.

2. brandon0818x

brandon0818xNew Member

Threads:
    The latest X-Men movie, X-Men: Days of Future Past, was amazing. The characters were on point and the acting was phenomenal. Time travel movies have potential to be very, very horrible, but I was actually quite impressed by this movie. There's a lot of references to the other movies. The thing that I didn't like was that a lot of things weren't explained, like how Logan got his adamantium claws back when they were ruined in The Wolverine.

3. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I recently saw "Rob the Mob" which they say is a true story. ITs about a couple robbing Italian mobsters in their city. They figured they won't call cops and it turned out they got a list of officers to which proves these mobs are organized. They we're murdered later when they were about to start a new life.

Sorry, its almost the whole story :D

4. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    I watched Godzilla recently and I didn't like it that much. Wasn't into it. But it was nice to go watch a movie in a theatre. Its been a long time since I did that. All that buttery popcorn Ive been missing out on I caught up on that day.

5. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I watched recently NonStop with Liam Neeson. GREAT. It was indeed non stop action, but was a 'who dun it' type that had you guessing. It was a combo of psychological thriller and action. It also broke some stereotypes about people, without being overly political.

I also just watched 3 Days To Kill, with Kevin Costner. It was ok, but uneven. Not a waste of money, not bad, just not solid writing. Very enjoyable for men with grown daughters and that relationship.

I also really liked Pompeii. I really thought it was enjoyable, you knew how it was going to end of course, but the journey was worth it. Who knows, that story line could have happened.

6. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    X-Men: Days of the Future Past. I really like X-men. I watched all of its franchise and this one I could say to be the best. Even without watching the previous franchise of it, I still would like it. It's really a great film to watch with set of great actors. I couldn't praise and ask for more for Singer's direction. The whole team really did a great job. And the outcome is really a great movie I, one that would be among my few favorites like the Dark Knight Trilogy and other X-Men franchises and Harry Potter.

7. ragtimeannie

ragtimeannieActive Member

Threads:
    I got my free Redbox movie last night (Thanks, Viggle!), and so we watched "Gravity." It was awesome. I bet some of those Earth and space views were really amazing in the movie theater! Since we're cutting corners in our house, we just turned up the surround sound and pretended we were in a theater.

Sandra Bullock practically did the whole movie by herself, talking to "Houston in the blind." It was quite an outstanding acting job on her part. Highly recommended!

8. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I LOVED Gravity too. It was pretty hard not to like. I was impressed that they didn't do political stuff with it, but it was done without it. YAY! The views of the earth, wow. Very simple story, and very well played. I would like to own it.

9. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I just watched The Tower on streaming last night. It's a Korean film, so for me to say a movie's good that I had to watch subtitles and not mind them, is a compliment, trust me. It was said in the comments that it was a rip off of The Towering Inferno and the USA 911. But I did not think so. I think it held it's own weight. Oh sorry for the pun. Anyhow, yes, it's a disaster fire of gigantic proportions, but the acting is very moving, and 'real'. These twin towers in Seoul catches on fire. There was a lot of small humor in it too, woven in, and was I thought talented writing in how it was done. There was good chemistry between most of the actors, a little love story thrown in, sweet father and daughter relationship, and other likable characters. I kind of got lost in it. And when watching an Asian film, there is something about respect that is very different than in the USA. I really love that element of them.

10. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite movie recently watched was "The Help". I think that they chose all the right actors. I don't think any other actors could have pulled it off. It was funny, it was sad, it showed the power of friendships in the South and how things were years ago. But I will say that the movie was a little too clean and cliche. Don't think that it was all that great in real life, I think it was worse than how the movie depicted.

11. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    A movie that I saw lately was one called coming to America. This movie is really old and it stars Eddie Murphy. I decided to watch it as it was a childhood classic for me and watching it recently really brought back a lot of memories for me. I enjoyed the humor and I found it to be quite entertaining. At the same time I was marveled at how good the quality was for back then as they did not have the same equipment that people have nowadays. I thought that the storyline was pretty entertaining and that is something that is really lacking in a lot of modern movies. If anyone is looking for a classic coming to America is definitely something that I would recommend that you watch.

12. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the reminder. I have not seen it in awhile. Yes, it is a good movie. I enjoy it every time I see it. Very simple, and well played. It's not academy award material or anything, but I always enjoy seeing the fashion of the other culture and the way they play out the story. It's a fairy tale type thing in a way. Arsenio Hall is good too.

13. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    The last movie I saw that I really liked was The Other Woman with Cameron Diaz. It was very funny and helped make a great Girls Night Out. I love to go to the movies and don't get to go as much as I would like because of the prices. I really enjoy it when I do get the chance! There are quite a few movies out right now that I would like to see including the new Transformers, 22 Jump Street, and A Million Ways To Die In The West. Hopefully my husband and I can have a date night soon!

14. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to say that I was really sucked in by "American Hustle" and truly enjoyed the many clever twists and turns in that movie. I thought the performance of Christian Bale, Amy Adams and Bradley Cooper were outstanding. It's a crime comedy-drama directed by David O. Russell and loosely based on the FBI ABSCAM operation of the late 1970s and early 1980s. I liked this movie so much that I went to see it again with a friend a few days ago. I am thinking of buying the film and adding it to my DVD library. :)

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I really liked Robocop, and in fact, I liked it enough that I watched it twice, which I rarely do with movies nowadays. I know there were some elements in it that were flawed, such as the kind of weak climax and I felt the lead actress's script and role was a bit lacking, but otherwise, I think the good parts in it really shined well. I especially liked all the details I got to have sink in on my second viewing. I liked it so much that I now can't wait for the sequel and I just hope they don't end up making it a disappointment after a very good start.

16. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    I really enjoyed Godzilla when I went to see it a while back. What can I say, I am a sucker for giant monster movies, I loved Cloverfield too.

17. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I went to see "Tammy" this past weekend. The commercials lead you to believe that it will be a slapstick, never stop laughing movie but I didn't feel like it was that way at all. The story was a lot more heartwarming than I expected. Melissa McCarthy proved that she is a lot more than just a "funny lady." I always knew that though. After all, I still remember her when she played on the Gilmore Girls. She was great then and she's still great now. I definitely recommend going to see "Tammy" with maybe some adjusted expectations.

18. Spowys

SpowysMember

Threads:
    I just saw Clint Eastwood's Jersey Boys. It was really an awesome movie, especially if you love music. The film follows the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons as they come together and rise to fame. The musical numbers are great but Eastwood directed it to not be a musical. The acting is great, including a role by Christopher Walken. John Lloyd Young, who plays Frankie Valli on Broadway, reprises his role.

I also really like the movie because all the actors actually sing their parts.

19. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    X-Men really was a fantastic movie. Peter Dinklage made a very convincing bad-guy in the movie. If I had to nit-pick though, the one complaint I'd have is that it was so focused on Wolverine and not much on the other characters, especially the ones in the "present." As you said as well, we also had to take quite a few things on faith and there were some plot holes I would have like explained.

Overall though, entertaining movie and easily the best X-men movie that's come out in a long time.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well the latest movie that I have seen is quite an old movie, it's called "The Stepford Wives", and it's plot is quite refreshing among the ones that we have nowadays. I'm really not updated with the latest movies being shown now, so I will try to check the out the latest X-Men movie. I love that film franchise.