What Is The Longest Vacation You've Taken?

Discussion in Travel started by MrsJones • Jan 29, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    When I entered into the workforce after graduation I never thought about or appreciated vacation days. I had accumulated a lot of time and everyone would always ask me when and where I was going and for how long? I didn't drive and didn't make enough to save and I really didn't care about going anywhere. In essence I really enjoyed just getting my paycheck and spending it. So when I when I did leave I received a check for all my vacation hours.:)

Now I'm on the longest vacation I've ever taken after being layed off. What's the longest vacation that you've taken?

2. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I was a full-time teacher. I was paid for all of the summer. However, now that I am a substitute teacher, I am never paid for time off. Since I hate driving through the snow, ice or slush this month of January has been my longest vacation without pay.
    I needed this time off because I was wound up too tightly.

3. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    The longest vacation I've had was a whole month stay in the Philippines. I grew up and was raised in California, so going to the Philippines was a whole new experience, even though I'm actually Filipino.

It was completely different, different culture, different language, different interests with the people. It was quite an amazing experience though because everything is very affordable. If you go shopping, you could buy so much with pretty awesome designs as well. Food and clothes are good, affordable, and worth getting in the Philippines.

4. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    The longest vacation I had was six weeks in the Dominican Republic. It was my second trip to Punta Cana and I was seriously considering making it my home. I have a good friend who lives there and she was helping learn the language etc. In the end I couldn't stay due to my health but it was the best 6 weeks of my life.

5. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I worked way too many hours in my 20's, and once I hit 30, I had a new outlook on life. I actually quit my job and stayed in the Philippines for 5 months. Jobs will come and go, but experiences like that really put life in perspective. Within 2 years I plan to live in the US 8 months a year, and 4 in the Philippines every year.

The biggest advice I can give people who want to live a life of freedom is to live simple. Question every purchase, and it will amaze you how you can life off so little.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The longest vacation I've taken was one month in England. I did spend one full year in California, but that was for a trainee program, so even if it was a trip abroad and I traveled quite a lot while I was there, it cannot be considered a vacation! I'm hoping by the end of the year I will travel to Europe and will be able to spend at least 20 days there!

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been self-employed most of my life. For me I could take a vacation when I pleased and for as long as I pleased. The risk of losing customers can force someone to be more practical and take only a week off. However back in 2008 after I had made a decent amount of cash, I decided to take a two year vacation. I intended to start another business so there was no risk of losing customers. I extended my vacation to 2013. Pretty long, right? But I deserved it, I think after working so long without taking a long break from work.

8. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    45 days was the longest vacation I had. I am an expat working in the middle east so going home for a vacation is something that I always look forward to.. I am only entitled for a month (30 days), but managed to get it extended for another 15 days.... unfortunately, my savings run out.. hehehehe.. as each day pass, you wonder how you will survive.... hehehe you know what I mean. LOL.

9. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    I had one month longer vocations about one year ago. Me and my cousin moves towards Indonesia and spend a lovely time there. We had great time in Bali and explored all other fabulous attractions there. Pura Luhur Uluwatu was just like a surprising place for me. It is an historical and religious one Sea temple. Bali Safari and Marine Park, Seminyak, Mount Batur and Lake Toba makes our journey most remarkable. I had a lovely time there and even we were surprised how far time passed away.