What is the most overpriced beauty product on the market?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by True2marie • May 11, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I love wearing makeup. The right 'stuff' can turn a plan Jane into a princess. Yet, there are a few products on the market that - to me - are overpriced. The biggest rip off are 'age-less' beauty products. In essence, they are merely moisturizers. They can't erase away a decade of hard living or your genetic history. So, I just don't believe in paying big dollars for anything branded as 'age-less".

What is the most overpriced beauty product on the market?

2. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I love Mac products but they are definitely pricey. I have a bunch of their products because I find great deals on them online but if you go to their department stores, you will find them to cost a lot of money. They have great quality products but I do sometimes question if it is really worth it.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you are looking for the most overly priced product among the bunch, then here is a very interesting list:

4. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, the anti-aging products are definitely very overpriced. I think a lot of makeup is in general. Especially the higher-end department store stuff. A lot of cheaper brands offer similar effects for much less. Perhaps there are a few items where the pricier products make a difference, but I believe for the most part, people just get reeled into the label.

5. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    Avon charges an arm and a leg for their items. The stuff you buy from them, you can buy another brand from somewhere else and get just as good, if not better, results. I refuse to pay the prices for it as I've not seen it to be any better than my generic Wal-Mart brand stuff.

6. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a brand as much as a product. I find lip primers, the ones that look like stick concealer, are such a waste. If you look at the ingredients they are comparable to the inexpensive drugstore heavy stick concealers, the shape, color and consistency are all the same. I can think of lots of brands that are expensive as well, but I think you're paying for the packaging, name, fragrances in the products along with the experience that you get when you go to stores that sell the expensive products.

7. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    There are some moisturizers that cost an arm and maybe an organ. I never got into the MAC hype but I do like the Bare Essentials brand of mineral makeup. It looks natural and feels light so its worth the price.