What is the next best thing that a car can be used for?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by ExpertAdvice • Jan 5, 2015.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Some of us buy cars yearly, and we use them for our own personal purposes, but, what other ways can we use those cars that we buy so that they earn us money? And,for those that are already using vehicles to earn, name the various kinds of vehicles that you buy for the particular type of job that you do. Finally, What is the most reliable vehicle that you have come across?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, these questions are all over the place. The most dependable and reliable vehicles change from year to year because so many different models are available with slight or major changes. You can use a car as a taxi to earn money, or you can transport goods for other people. A truck is the most versatile vehicle for most tasks because higher end models of trucks can pack six passengers, 3,000 pounds of cargo in the bed, and then tow a 10,000 pound trailer behind it at the same time. It's hard to beat that kind of power and cargo space.

3. RobertNick

RobertNickMember

Threads:
    The best thing you can use a car for is to not let it become a financial burden. The second best thing you can do is turning this around and turn it into a financial surplus, you can easily suppliment your income if you know what to do, lots of people need help carying things around without having to call a moving company.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Fun questions! First I will answer the last question: We love Impala's. It has a huge trunk and a roomy interior and the gas mileage isn't too bad. So you can use it for work (trunk) or also for entertaining (roomy interior) and travel (good gas mileage.) So that is the best for us personally. Something recently I just learned is that when your car breaks down or is totaled (implying you will no longer be able to make any money off of it) you can sell it to the junk yard for cash. Many people are interested in the tires, or some other parts of the car and they often go to a junk yard to find these things. I know they exist but it was only recently that a friend told me they have gotten money for several of their dead beat cars. We can't afford to buy a car every year so I am not able to answer the questions based on that perspective.

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    A car can be useful for a taxi and nowadays with Uber, it's easier to get into the profession. Also, another use involves making deliveries, though, often trucks seem to be better for the job. However, a pizza is definitely a thing that doesn't need a truck for delivery.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Cars can be given out for rent. Long safaris need stronger cars with 4W drive or mini vans. Taxis and delivery cars may have regular make like saloon or pickup models.

Cars can also be bought for reselling and this has become one of the most profitable business in my area. A second hand car remodelled and sold out gives a good profit margin.

7. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Used cars have so many uses. They can be resold for an extra income. They could be offered for a rent. Rent-a-car business is very useful and lucrative form of a small business venture for not all the people in our community have a car. They usually rent to transport them or for an special travel or local land tour. Used cars of those rich people are donated to public schools.

8. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    The first thing that comes to mind is to use it as a taxi or you can give it to an outside car hiring agency on rent. But you should be aware that after running a particular distance (say about 1 lac kilometers) most vehicles start showing issues. So if the vehicle is meant for your private use only it's better not to think of any side income from it. Instead you should take good care of it.

I think almost all car manufacturers use the best available technology so the higher you are willing to pay the more features and safety you will get. So I can't think of a particular brand but I life Hyndai, Maruti and Volkswagen in medium segment.

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    One of my friends who is a stay at home mom has a van that she rents or she gives rides for a certain amount of money depending on how far she has to travel or how long a person needs to use it. She thought a van would be a good idea to make a business with since families rent it for road trips. She usually gave rides to other kids to school or to people to work and she made good money.

10. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Several of my friends are into Uber and they are encouraging me to join. They say that unlike a taxicab where you ply the road to get passengers, you have the freedom to choose a trip in Uber. You will be informed of a potential trip with a passenger near your location. The destination and fare is also known so you can accept or decline. And the fare is substantial.

However, I'm still hesitant because I don't feel comfortable in letting strangers ride in my car. But for those wanting to earn extra money, Uber is a good way.