What is the oldest electronic gadget that you have that you still use?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by lindbergh • Aug 30, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a PS 2 which was given to me in 2006 by my dad's friend. When was the last time that I used it? Yesterday. I played Virtua Fighter 4 evolution. The console is almost 8 years old and it's still working! Now that's what I say money well spent. What is the oldest electronic device that you are still using?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a desktop we bought in 2002. And if we hadn't switched out our tvs for new ones, we'd still have durable ones that would likely last a hundred years lol. Everything is made so cheaply now and I don't skimp on things I want to last. OH, I also have a clock radio from the 70s. It was my grandfathers, not sure why I kept it. And yep, still works. Won't find anything lasting that long now.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You have a desktop that you bought in 2002? That's more than a decade old! I do believe that they no longer make equipment as durable as they were before. As the advancement of technology hastened, so did the depreciation of the electronic gadgets that we have today.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes lol. I never use it personally.

5. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely, i still have my old Genesis console and it still plays great even though the rough beating it took since my parents bought it to me all the way back in 1995. It really has been some years since then, yet it still works.

6. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I have a netbook that I bought 4 years ago. I got it when I resigned from the company I worked for to work from home full time. It has paid for itself several times over and it still works. Since I'm careful with things it still looks really nice. It surfs quite slow though and it looks like I may need to replace it soon.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a ps 2 as well and still use it from time to time. Last time I used it was about two days ago. I love the older game consoles a lot more than the new ones.

8. Sobriety

SobrietyNew Member

Threads:
    The oldest electronic gadget I use is probably my desktop back from '03. It's an eMachine that I mainly use for school purposes, and back in the day when it was one of the best of its kind, I could actually play games on it. Nowadays it struggles to even run Microsoft Office. Ironically the sticker says "Never Obsolete."

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The oldest electronic gadget that I use is a cellphone that I bought way back in 2009. It's still working until now, so I use it as an extra phone.

10. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    Nintendo Family Computer! It was my older brother's console and he gave it to me last 1996. I was about 7 then. And up to now, its still playable though I never play it most of the time but whenever I feel playing retro or hear Donkley Kong's calling me, I would put on that cartridge and enjoy it like a kid! :)

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have an old laptop stationed at a desk that I still use occasionally. It's kind of slow, but it's still very useable. I'm on it whenever I prefer to do something more serious like writing, since I get too tempted to mess around on my other, nice laptops.

12. minotechonline

minotechonlineNew Member

Threads:
    The oldest things I still use have to be the the TV's around the house. We still haven't upgraded the bulky ones to flat screen T.V. except for one of them. Also, we have a flat screen computer monitor from '07 or '08(one of the early models) that is still in use.

13. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Probably my old desktop which I'm currently on right now, I believe its a 2006 or a 2007 model. Either way very old and outdated in days fast paced world of technology but it still does more than anything I need so I have no plans on upgrading.

14. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    Talking of the oldest gadget I own…? I have this walkman I bought in 2000 at the age of 8. I occasionally use this gadget and I love the material used to make it. The speakers are relatively awesome and its size is well great for a guy like me who loves making fun. Il rather use this gadget than my phone when listen to music.

15. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    My laptop is probably the oldest piece of electronics that I use all the time. It's about 2002. It barely handles everything I do online. It's a real pain, but I've got to save up before I can get a new one. I'm hoping that next year I can make the jump to a laptop that doesn't stall out when I load Facebook.

16. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I have a lot of old gadgets that I still use. I have an old clock radio I have had since the 90's, a sony walkman and cd walkman, sony vaio computer that they don't make anymore, an old small counter tv that still works and has good color. I like to try to take care of all my old gadgets because the stuff they have out nowadays is cheaply made and don't last long. I miss the good old days when things had better quality and lasted longer.

17. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My desktop and my TV, I guess. My TV was bought atl east 10 years ago, and my desktop has close to 6 years on it now..

18. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    The oldest electronic gadget that I have is the Gameboy Advance, which I play it sometimes because it still works. I play some classic Pokemon games on the Gameboy Advance, which is a good memory right there! Good times, good times!

19. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    The oldest electronic device that I use is probably my Desktop computer. My Desktop computer is at least 10 years old. It still runs, although it is not as durable and it does not perform as well as before. I just do a lot of side tasks on it.

20. jcairns82

jcairns82Member

Threads:
    I'm really impressed by how old some of your electronics are. My family still has a working Nintendo from 1989 that we use on occasion up at the cottage. Personally, I still have a Macbook 1.1 that I've had now for almost 7 years. It's quite slow, but gets the job done.