What is the price of a pint of beer in your locality?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Lostvalleyguy • Apr 9, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Reading another post in here it reminded me of a question that I have always been wanting to ask when I have a diverse audience.

When you go out to a bar, what is the going rate on a pint of draught beer (draft for those of you living elsewhere)?

For my city, I can get a pint in a bar for as low as $4.00 if it on special or as high as $9.00 in some clubs. I tend to go with a mid-priced beer which is usually the premium beer on tap at most locations. And if you want to confuse the issue further, a standard of 500ml has been loosely adopted in Canada to call it a pint. We still have a few British style pubs that serve a full 20 oz. pint.

Am I living in an expensive city or are your prices comparable?

2. Wolf

WolfNew Member

Threads:
    Great question! I just moved to France, and prices here are not too bad unless you are living in Paris, where just about everything is expensive.

In Paris, a pint of beer can cost anything from 4 Euros (happy hour prices) to 9.50 Euros depending on the brand of the drink and above all, the location of the bar. If you have a drink at a quiet roadside café or pub far from the city centre, prices are definitely lower than in fashionable places like Montmartre and those snooty places off the Champs Elysée.

In Bordeaux in contrast, a pint of beer is between 3.50 and 5.50 Euros, anything more expensive would be over-charging.