What is your favoirtie Frozen Pizza or Pizza bread?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by justusforus • Oct 20, 2013.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    There are many brands of frozen pizza. I have like Red Baron for taste and price. Tonight I tried Stouffer's Deluxe Pizza bread and it was 2 dollars for 2 frozen Pizza breads (16 ounces). It was satisfying, delicicious and it was ready in 9 minutes using there micro wave thaw and toaster oven finish. What are you favorites and why?

2. jcairns82

jcairns82Member

Threads:
    I find that it's not the brand, but the type of pizza that I go for. I find that most brands can make a really good thin crust pizza. Whereas, the thick pepperoni pizzas really vary in their quality.

3. gracie

gracieMember

Threads:
    I also love Red Baron though my husband is not a big fan of it because last time we bought it,when we opened the package the pepperoni was all over the place so he made a complain to the store, they gave us a free coupon to get another which is nice. His favorite is Jacks Original and Jack's Self Rising. I don't like thin crust pizza.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never did like store bought pizza. I had a favourite pizza place.. the pizza was by far the best of all the places I've tried my entire life. I true hidden gem. it was either them or homemade for me. Pizza from a store is waaaay too far from the real deal for me or I would have bought them up. I've tried all the ones people swore by and I don't know.. maybe I have different taste buds lol.

But then I stopped eating grocery store foods altogether... then wheat followed lol.

5. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite is the Digiornio single serving pizza. My favorite is the deep dish pepperoni. It's no substitute for even delivery pizza, but it's alright.

I don't really like Red Baron, but it's been a while since I've tried it.

6. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I have had the Digiorno pizza with the cheese in the crust. I can't remember exactly what it is called, but it was delicious. Other than that, Digiorno pizza can be hit or miss. A lot of times, the cheap store brand frozen pizzas are better than any of the expensive ones.

7. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Our favorite is Tombstone. My husband and my sons really love that pizza! It's about $3/pie and we always buy the pepperoni kind. Sometimes there are coupons out which make it an even better deal! It's really great. I recommend it.

8. Joe D.

Joe D.New Member

Threads:
    As far as I am concerned, there is only one frozen pizza worthy of the name, pizza: Home Run Inn Pizza. They started in a tavern in Chicago back in the 50's, I think, then became a regional specialty. Now you can get them in a lot of stores throughout the country, but outside Chicago they usually only do a distribution agreement with one or two chain's of supermarkets in any given region. All other frozen pizzas are just high-line cheesy bread.

9. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I usually get my frozen pizza at Aldi's. It is their brand. It costs $1.69 per pizza. It is cheap, but it does not taste cheap. If I want to splurge more on pizza, I will buy Tombstone or DiGiorno. Both of those are delicious!

10. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I don't like frozen pizzas. I like to have store bought pizzas or homemade ones; but if I had no choice then I would get DiGiornio.

11. Buckeye

BuckeyeNew Member

Threads:
    Digiorno Pepperoni, 3 Meat, and French Bread pizzas are my favorite. Obviously, Digiorno is my favorite brand, I don't really eat any other brand of frozen pizza, it really is the only one that tastes like delivery (that I've tried). I've heard a couple of other brands are good. The French Bread is really good, it has a garlicy taste that I enjoy and the crust is nice and crisp.

12. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    Diginioro is my favorite frozen pizza brand as well. I like Diginoro especially, because of its taste, and price. Compared to popular pizza brands, it is cheaper but it sometimes tastes better. Getting Diginoro is also as convenient as ordering pizza from a popular pizza brand. It is in almost every major grocery stores such as Wal-Mart. I recommend Diginoro to anyone who is interested in a great tasting pizza.

13. Dalex

DalexNew Member

Threads:
    Eating as healthfully as possible is vital for me - but sometimes cravings win out and after a lot of tries - I found Tandoor Chef "the Original Naan Pizza" and OMG they are freaking amazing! They cook up beautifully, have all 'real' ingredients and actually taste better to me than all my old favorites (Newman's own and Red Baron used to be my go-to choices).

Margherita is my favorite from them - and in general - but I really did all of them except the one with spinach and paneer - only because it's not a flavor profile I like in general.

I also really dig American Flatbread brand and Amy's brand.

Good luck and Pizza On!

14. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I only buy Orv's Tasty Toppings when it is on sale. Last week my local store had them on sale for $1.69 each- awesome!

15. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I like smart ones frozen pepperroni pizza. That one is my favorite one next to totinos. My sister prefers Dijorno meat lovers pizza. I like dijorno alright but I am not a big fan of their pizza. The only ones I like are their pepperroni and supreme pizzas. The other ones don't taste that good to me. I have tried Red Baron pizza and it is pretty good, but I like to buy the smartones pizza. Recently I have been buying Lean Cuisine three cheese pizza and it is really good.

16. Pawski

PawskiNew Member

Threads:
    A lot of the pizza's listed are on my favorites list: Red Barron, Diginioro, and Tombstone - I gotta stick with the Diginioro's Deep Dish though as my #1

17. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, a lot of you seem to be all about DiGiorno. I, actually, do not believe I have ever tried it.
    I like to get whatever pizza is on sale and then screw around with it myself. Usually started with a cheese type then adding whatever ingredients I have or like. Ends up being a really quick and fun meal.

18. CoachV

CoachVNew Member

Threads:
    I grew up eating Digiorno pizza, "I can't believe it's not delivery!" However my wife and I discoursed that Stater Bros store brand is awesome! The thin crust is our favorite and we like just about every topping they offer. Another thing to like, it is way cheaper than any other brand of frozen pizza.

19. Joe D.

Joe D.New Member

Threads:
    The only frozen pizza worth making a special trip for is Home Run Inn Pizza. Everything else is just fancy cheesy bread. But if you are unfortunate enough to live in an area that does not have a Home Run Inn distributor, Red Baron makes a pretty good cheesy bread (which, inexplicably, it calls 'pizza').

20. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I think DiGiorno is fine but have found that buying flour tortillas and basic ingredients gives a far better result, as long as you don't mind thin crust. It is faster, cheaper, and doesn't taste like frozen cardboard. Bake 5 to 10 minutes at about 400 degrees Fahrenheit