What is your favorite concentration music?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by H.C. Heartland • May 29, 2014.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of free 'concentration or focus' music posts on You Tube. I like this one:

But I have used a lot of them while studying, writing, or just doing things around The House. If you have a good internet connection then you can just let it run. But if you want a fast download this site will download anything into MP3 or other formats:

so you don't have to keep your internet up and running if you download using 3G. I tend to like the piano or violin based classical compilations. However, there are a lot of synthesized and movie theme based uploads too. What is your favorite concentration music?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not music I like but sounds. Nature sounds to be exact. The sound of waves, wind blowing, etc. I find those have a calming effect on me. However I'm always willing to try new things.

I'm going to view the video you mentioned and see if I can listen to that kind of music as I write.

3. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I have tinnitus---ringing in the ears. I'm pretty-sure it has something to do with high blood-pressure---right now, I'm hearing that triple-patty

sludging through my veins :)):p But I have a feeling that 'nature-sounds' (particularly cricket-chirping) 'activate it' more.

(Of course, it could be that ALL sounds activate it; i dunno).

I particularly like silence or 'white noise.' When needing music to drown out 'music' from another apartment (which is muffled enough to qualify more as 'noise'), I put the radio on KCSC Classical---instrumental music, as 'music with words' takes my concentration away from the words I'm workin` on!

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Music doesn't help me concentrate, what I use instead are one of the many podcasts I subscribe to. If I'm trying to work and I'm listening to music I find myself concentrating on finding a similar music rather than working.

What podcasts do I listen to?

Wrestling
    stand-up comedy
    rock music

These genres have some awesome podcasts.

5. Moriarty

MoriartyNew Member

Threads:
    I definitely prefer violin for concentration, myself. This is a really random choice but the soundtrack to the M. Night Shyamalan movie The Village is entirely violin and I think it's absolutely beautiful and makes for great background music. It's much better than the movie, that's for certain. Other than that I also like listening to trance (kind of like techno but with slower rhythms) when I need to concentrate in a short burst, say thirty minutes or so.

6. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really have concentration music, I find listening to music while I'm doing tasks that requires my full attention to be distracting. If I need to study something I just plug in a pair of earplugs and consume myself with the silence, I find it easier to concentrate when I'm not listening to anything.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't like listening to music when I'm trying to concentrate, even when I was still studying, as the words usually tend to get into my head too much and I end up listening to the song more than concentrating on what I'm working on. I do still listen to music for some non-word related tasks I have such as designing, but I don't really have a preference when it comes to that and I usually just listen to whatever I'm in the mood for in that particular day. I'd say my favorite would be pop, but again, I'd much rather have other noises in the background such as the TV since I could ignore that a lot better.

8. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really like listening to anything when I'm trying to concentration for the sole purpose that I'm easily distracted. When I study or do something that requires my full attention I tend to just place myself in a quite enough place and start my work. I used to listen to classical music while I'm studying but I find that distracts me more than it should.

9. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    Concentration and music are two words that I cannot have in the same sentence. I find it extremely hard for me to concentrate while listening to music. My mind just opens up to the music and really wants to digest the song. I really get into music and have a strong passion for. So if I want to concentrate on something I cannot have music in the background. I have tried all sorts of music classical to jazz to smooth soul music and none of it works when I'm trying to do anything serious. I really do wonder how other people are able to listen to music and be able to do other things. I think it comes down to this, I pay more attention to music than I do pay to other things.

10. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been hearing about this for a long time. I am really interested to try it, but I have never done yet. Is it effective? It looks to be, and since I am reminded because of here, I would go try it real soon. For now, when I want to focus on something I just listen to the music that I am not familiar with and at the same time the one I find comfortable listening to. I don't listen to the music that I really like because I can't focus. Instead I just listen to the music with all my attention.