What Is Your Favorite Cruise Line?

Discussion in Travel started by Sunshine • Jan 18, 2015.

1. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite cruise line is Royal Caribbean. The food is good, they are generous in their food service, and the staff is really personable and sweet. It seems they go the extra mile and I have always felt treated like royalty.

I have also been on Princess and Carnival. Carnival was just ok. The thing that stood out most is that they try to tightly control the food.

Princess was by far the worst. The cruise and destination were great, but the food was mediocre and the staff was really unfriendly. I think since they are guaranteed their tips they don't do much other than the basics.

Do you have a favorite cruise line?

2. krazyman

krazymanMember

Threads:
    I'm very saddened by your post - I have been on 2 cruises to the Caribbean and 1 to Alaska and all 3 of them were on Princess Cruise Line. My experiences have all been different. I like the anytime dining feature they have and you don't have to sit and eat with other people unless you want to. I thought the food was spectacular and had no issues with them.
    Didn't really interact with members of the crew, the guarantee of tips I believe is a standard on all cruise lines. My understanding Royal Caribbean is the best show in town but they are far more expensive than most other cruise lines, but you do get what you pay for. I may try them next time my wife and I decide to take a cruise.

Good Luck!

3. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone! I was just relaying my personal experiences. I did not like Princess mainly because it was my 3rd experience and I had the other 2 to compare with, so it was noticeably different for me. Especially since it was the most expensive cruise I took out of the 3, so I expected better service.

The tips were not mandatory on the Royal Caribbean cruise I was on. Maybe that is why the staff was so personable. I was very happy to tip them and I felt like I was helping their families back home. We got to know our waiter and cabin boy very well on that trip. We are not demanding people and do not seek out service, but on that trip they were so concerned about providing us a pleasant, personalized experience. I guess nothing could compare after that level service :)