What Is Your Favorite Foreign Candy?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by sissibombix • Sep 20, 2015.

1. sissibombix

sissibombixMember

Threads:
    I have to say I am addicted to Daims. It's a swedish almond, caramel and butter bar (that is so crunchy) covered in a delicious milk chocolate. I am drooling just thinking about it. And it's very, very good. But I can almost never find it. What is your favorite foreign candy, and where do you get it?

PS: Do you know any places to order candy online that are cheap and have worldwide shipping?

2. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love sour candies, but nothing here is ever sour enough for my liking. So I’ll only eat the ones my German friend sends me (and in exchange I send a lot of li hing mui candies). Hitschler makes the best ones, but I have a soft spot for Maoam, if only for the packaging ;)

3. sissibombix

sissibombixMember

Threads:
    Maoam stripes are sooo good! I love the lemon and green apple ones. I used to get them when my cousins visited me from Germany, I didn't even remember them until you spoke about it. I have to ask them to bring me some next time. :p

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know if this is considered candy but the Walker is our favorite here. It is imported from UK and we can only buy them on occasions like trade fair during Christmas. The complete name of that candy is Walker Nonsuch Toffee. It is soft and chewy but not easy to melt so it lasts. Whenever we see it in the trade fair, we would buy at least 2 big jars that will last for 2 months.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I can pick chocolate as candy, it would be Lindt or Godiva chocolates. We don't have a lot of Godiva where I live, and we do have Lindt but it is quite expensive, so I will only get them when someone gifts them to me, because as much as I love them, I wouldn't pay that much for chocolate for myself!

6. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    Swiss chocolates are my favorite, just about any kind of Swiss chocolate is great, even the cheaper stuff. Lindt is one of my favorites that can be found locally in the USA. When I was in France, I tried some French chocolate shops and I was not impressed. I was actually very surprised by that.

7. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    Toblerone is my favorite if we count chocolate. I'm not a chocolate conoisseur, but that's the best bar of chocolate I have tasted.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lindt (the red truffles) can be found nearly everywhere and are worth it. Fortunately in the UK we have decent chocolate, but in the US I have to save up to get a good fix of Lindt or Godiva. The US and chocolate have never worked well, I wish they would get their act together so it's more affordable. Otherwise I wait until the chocolate is on special and buy in bulk in the US.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me all chocolate tastes the same, but the ones that I loved were from the Middle East, and they had various fillings. I forgot the name though. I am also fond of Nerds, Runts, and Gummy Bears and I used to buy them when I was a kid.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not quite sure what they are called. But when I went to France back when I was in grade/year seven, there were these sweets that the people at the hotel that we were staying at gave up. I have never been able to find them since, or heard anything about what they were called since, unfortunately, and they are so hard to describe. They were delicious though.

11. sissibombix

sissibombixMember

Threads:
    Never had any but I just searched for it in google images and boy do I want to try some now! I love caramel toffee and those look especially good. I wonder if I can find them where I live...
    Does it taste anything like Werther's Originals?

12. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Walker is far from the taste of Werther's. I used to buy Werther's when it first came about a few decades back. Although a hard candy, I like the mild sweetness. Walker is more like Milky Way which is soft and chewy but not filling. Whenever I would bring some to the office, expect the candies to be gone in an instant because they love it. I have been searching in the internet for a distributor here in Manila but I cannot find any.

13. sissibombix

sissibombixMember

Threads:
    I wonder what it tastes like then. Chewy and caramel can only be good.
    Lindt seems to be the favorite here! I like it a lot, although I also love Milka and Cadbury. Oh European chocolate, why do you taste so good?

I never had any candy from the middle east! Now I have to find someone from there to be friends with (I'm such a candy digger :p).

14. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Loacker dark chocolate wafers is one of my favorite foreign candy that I love. The candy is not too sweet and is light for it's made into wafer form. It's crunchy and I love crunchy with dark chocolate to tickle your tummy with flavors so good. I love the little wafers and can eat 2 small packages of this little wafer. Luckily Loacker dark chocolate goes on sale every now and then.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @sissibombix@sissibombix, The name was written in Arabic if I remember correctly, so you can't really know what brand it is, lol! Plain chocolate bars would look boring compared to the one that I am talking about. The fillings were delicious and varied from sweet, with fruits/nuts to fruity flavors. I hope I can taste a similar type of chocolate again like that one.

16. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    Lindt chocolate. It's so easy to find where I live that I'm not even sure I can properly classify it as 'foreign' anymore, but man do I love that stuff. It melts in your mouth in a way no other chocolate that I've ever tried manages. Relatively inexpensive, too, comparative to how good it tastes.

When I was in the UK recently I developed a love of Haribo brand candy, as well. Though that may be because there weren't a ton of other options for candy in the places I was visiting.

17. sissibombix

sissibombixMember

Threads:
    Haribo gummy bears are the standard that all gummy bears have to strive for! So addictive! Just be sure to never buy the sugarless ones... OR ELSE! :p:p;)o_O

18. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    Hany, for sure! It's a Filipino chocolate with a hazelnut base. It disintegrates in your mouth and tastes like peanut butter. I searched some up on Amazon a few months ago, and people were selling them for like $25 a pack. :-/